Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
another No.1

Mid 1930s.

012413.jpg

From La Velle's store in Tulia, TX - a small city between Amarillo and Lubbock with an unfortunate modern footnote.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. Like an Austrian Velour, except in the USA bigger is better--larger scale than the European examples. Also from Maurice L. Rothschild.

Very interesting, what parts of the hat are larger in scale? Of the few "American" velours I own, they are a bit stiffer with larger brims than their European counterparts.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing my newly flanged Resistol Stagecoach conversion. I just finished sanding my flanges about 2 weeks ago, so I've been flanging a good amount of my daily wearers lately. This tan Stagecoach just needed something and I thought giving it a look like it came from the 1914-1919 period would be a nice touch.

8411203699_da17625794_b.jpg

8411205575_a260ace4ac_b.jpg

8412320346_016fce0473_b.jpg

8411216951_eeab8e211e_b.jpg

Thank you, Josh! I think these dimensions - 3" brim/5" crown - are very easy to do. A kind of cross-dressing. ;) The brim on this one is quite flat but I like how this photo angle shows the very subtle swoop.

Very nice hat from this morning David... and Lauro13 - congratulations on the good press. :eusa_clap

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David I have always admired that Adventurebilt even back in my lurker days! That inspired me to go with my Penman this morning.
[/IMG]

Thank you Rogera. As much as John will modestly say that Steve's hats are better than the ones he makes, the Penmans are at least as good in my opinion - better in some areas. A Penman hat is a thing of beauty!

David - I'm surprised your hat hasn't turned blue from the temps! It might turn in to a stiff felt by 'noon.

That's for sure. I'm looking forward to straw hat weather!

David, love that hat. You photograph well in them, you really do.

Cheers, Memph! Having the opportunity to be able to wear an Adventurebilt is a special treat.

Nice Adventurebuilt and Penman David and Rogera!

Much appreciated, thank, Sam. Is it still cold down your way? You beret from this morning is great, I don't think I'd wear it, but looks very cool on you!

David, great color! That is the hat what was worn from Harrison Ford in the train scene!

Thanks, Manfred. I can't tell you how nice it feels to have the hat made by the guy who made the movie hat. (I have to confess, I've still never seen an Indiana Jones film - I just like the hats!)

Very nice hat from this morning David... and Lauro13 - congratulations on the good press. :eusa_clap

Thanks, Alan. Nice to see yet another classic Stetson from you today

Tom - always nice to see your FST, great Buckeroo

Hatto - that's a nice Adam from this morning.

Ernest - looking good in the Sovereign

M0nk - for a cold day your beater hat is getting it done!

Robert - great 3X

Eric - cool photo. I hope you enjoyed you lunch and the rest of the day.

Josh - you are getting those conversions down to a fine art.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Fantabulous today.

Perfect book-ends, Joao!

Sam, those are winning photos, in addition to your wearing that beret like I've seen nobody else pull off!

Robert, whatever proportions Stetson increased from the Europeans with that velour seem to hit the jackpot. I also like the way you have it creased and cocked.

Beauties of those Indie hats, David and Rogera.

And Mr. Wilmoth-- that's a great bowler, and you wear it great with the T-shirt and chain! Nice look.

I'm taking my lead from Alan today. I'm really only leaving the house for the first time in a few moments-- spent the entire day inside wondering why my heater couldn't keep up in my drafty house; can't wait to get the gas bill!
Anyway, this will be my first public appearance in this lovely Stetson No. 1.

001dpx.jpg

I call this color Palomino, but I think it just might be a pecan/natural, and the light colored ribbon and binding gives it that glow.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's 21F right now and is supposed to drop to 10f tonight hence the heavier than normal overcoat and beret. Berets are a bit warmer in my experience than fedoras. You should pick up a smaller sized beret and give it a try. You might find you like it and they are very inexpensive. They're also very convenient for photography as there's no brim to get in the way of looking through viewfinders.

Much appreciated, thank, Sam. Is it still cold down your way? You beret from this morning is great, I don't think I'd wear it, but looks very cool on you!

Neophyte

Ooooooooh that No. 1 is cool, Jeff! It's got a great shape, plentiful brim, and the color of that ribbon is nice against the hat. Great first appearance :eusa_clap.

Alan, that big black No. 1 is stellar as well. Just my kinda hat, but definitely out of my size range lol.

Jeff, in the cowboy business we call it tan. :D That is such a great hat. You have to include a photo of liner for those that might have missed it before.

Alex, thanks. I'm liking your cap today. Is that your dorm room? :eeek:

Joao, good guy hat or bad guy hat, you wear your westerns with aplomb.

Last edited:

Neophyte

Haha no, but one can dream. That's the conference room for the laboratory that I work in as an undergrad (which isn't much longer as I'm graduating in May).

I found the cap in storage under a LOT of heavy items. I'm amazed it came out intact, really, but all that abuse seems to have taken the fight out of it. It now easily shapes how a wish. I decided to take it out on the town :).

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Unlike me, Neo, you could carry a broader cap, say from Cordova or Simonds. the HP one is okay, though.

Jeff, you always have the most ineffable facial expression! I've been trying to tag it for a long time now, to no avail. Bemused? Slightly disappointed? Surprised at your own optimism? Ooooh, maybe I'm closing in on it! LOL! Great hat!

Neophyte

Thanks for the recommendations, Randall. I hadn't considered those options before...I gotta look into this.

Like that wider ribbon on you No. 1, Justin.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
HatPeople, green, brown and black herringbone.

Great looking cap, Alexander.

Thanks, Jeff. I agree about Joao - he is The Man with those Westerns! I like yours too - I've been wearing my Stetson 25 western more and liking it!

It's 21F right now and is supposed to drop to 10f tonight hence the heavier than normal overcoat and beret. Berets are a bit warmer in my experience than fedoras. You should pick up a smaller sized beret and give it a try. You might find you like it and they are very inexpensive. They're also very convenient for photography as there's no brim to get in the way of looking through viewfinders.

Looking forward to spring at the moment. Looks as though we are stuck at about 0F the next few nights. I might investigate the beret idea if I see a good deal.

Nice job on the #1, Splintz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff