Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hückel Weilheim Special + Bug?

8759338170_41bbe8d989_c.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
New to me Akubra Snowy River. I purchased it as unworn. If it had been worn, it was very little. Not sure how old it is. Anyone have an idea when this hat might have been produced?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thank you David... home in a couple of days and looking forward to it.

Today by coincidence I have a chance to wear two hats at the same time!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap130520.html

Congratualations on another APOTD, Alan.

2075 - looks to be a good hat for your work.

Sam - always nice to see the Carmack. I think the bigger brims work better for you than the smaller ones like the Wegener. Always good to try out different styles though (says Mr Conservative Fedora Wearer here!)

Robert - the colours of the straw and the pug make that Wormser really striking. I like it! New look for you today too!

Charlie - looks like you had a good time oop north.

David, one crisp 25

Thanks, Monte. Cool Resistol for you today.

David, the 25, looks like a 100, sharp hat, and well worn!

Cheers, Manfred! I used to have a Stetson 100 but I didn't really enjoy wearing it so it had to go. This S25 on the other hand, I love to wear.

Steve - very nice looking Hückel; even with the bug!

Andy - lot of character in that Akubra. Different to your usual style and working well for you.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
it feels right on my head but does ride a bit high. From looking at photos of how derbies/bowlers were worn in the past I don't think it's too far off. Example:
bowler.png

5ea904ba.jpg

Does it look odd as it fits to you?

One reason that many of my hats are small is due to the fact that hats large enough for my head almost do not exist. Though smaller than some wear their hats I've found that a slightly small hat can sit comfortably and securely as long as it's a long oval.

Lije Baley

New in Town
New to me Akubra Snowy River. I purchased it as unworn. If it had been worn, it was very little. Not sure how old it is. Anyone have an idea when this hat might have been produced?

Casechopper is correct. My first Akubra, a Down Under and my wife's Gymkhana have the same size tag (although my Down Under is no longer with us). We bought them in Sydney in '89.

Last edited:

Lije Baley

New in Town
As for me, today I was wearing my Panama that I picked up in Cuenca last November at a downtown hat factory. It was a fun experience, I was able to select the raw hat from among a variety of grades, specify the size of the brim I wished, watch it cut to order and then placed in a steam block to create the crown I preferred. I talked with the ladies as they stitched in the fabric sweatband (they did not have a leather one large enough), beaded the brim and added the black band around the crown. The hat is probably a grade 12 on the scale, but seems very fine to me.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Playing catch up here, so yesterday it was the Cuenca in the late afternoon, cooled to the low eighties at the time this was taken.

Photo1-54_zpsaeb765bd.jpg

And then for a cooler 58 degrees this morning it was the Borsalino Light Weight.

Photo1-56_zpsfdb308ab.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on the melone Manfred, RBH, DJH & Mayserwegener.

Lovely Artlite DJH. The color of the ribbon set it apart from other light colored felts.

For today Miller Milan Homburg
IMG_5498.JPG

IMG_5501.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21