Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Stetson Bantam

061113.jpg

Up early this morning, no time for coffee. Excepting the hat, not a pretty picture.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wearing the made for 'Kendall-Milne' again today. I wish I could identify the maker and age, late 50's/60's is my best guess...

Two attempts at getting a photo that shows it's proportions:

Steve, I think it would be great to post a sound recording of you (or one of our European friends) saying these names properly. I say them to myself whenever I read your posts and can only imagine how badly I am butchering them. I am a little more confident on the Borsalinos but just a little.

John Galt

Vendor
Looks great Alan.

Lovely colour to that Champ John.

Thanks! Great hats all around. And I too like the color (Yankee spelling) of the green one posted above. Maybe someone should start a color thread. I remember reading that the Stratoliner was offered in 24 colors or some such variety, but we rarely see anything but taupe & brown vintage hats.

Alan, Habig is actually a bit difficult because of the "ig" ending. I have heard both "ich" and "ik" and "ig". I believe my hatter friend from Augsburg uses the "ik or ig" ending. I am going check with him. My friend said as written "ig" and not "ich".

Perry, Thanks! Yes this one has less crown but common for that time. Quality wise P. & C. Habig made really nice hats into the 70s and 80s. It's too bad they went out of business.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Great looking lids everybody, as usual. It's a "wait a minute" weather day here, bright and clear one minute, dark and pouring the next. Had to go into the world though so wore the trusty Lock & Co.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
sharp, Sharp, SHARP!
Alan, the bantam, though in my least favorite hat color (on me), is definitely a double take hat.
Sir Man of Kent, I liked that hat last time you posted it, and even better in these photos. Really suits you, and the tie is perfect. What a great shade of green.
Perry, your Mallory is still one of my favorites around:

pw014.jpg

Mallory reworked by Optimo.

Nice hats this weekend and today gents!

G. Durand, nice photos and nice hats! What is that favorite drink of yours, or did you simply mean wine in general?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran