Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
No offense Josh but I think you would look better with that cornflakes box on your head than the blue heaven you are wearing...;)

Oh and I love the Office Space Stapler on your desk ...I have one on mine also........ great cult movie IMHO.:cool:

On a day like today the only thing to wear is a Panama and Hawaiian shirt.

2r6d175.jpg

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Javier: Sharp as usual, glad to see you back around these parts....although you're upstaging me and now I look like a slob comparatively! ;):D
OG: Great combo, love the tall & straight crown on that Panama.
G.Durand: I like that felt/ribbon combination on that Lee.
ManofKent: that brim size works well on you, very complimentary for the outfit as well.
John Galt: Cool Bantam, hope it doesn't blow off, that's a very light hat!
Josh: Nice Panama, I like that ribbon width; not too thin, not too thick.
Alan: stupendous Boater!
HatsRme: Don't you love those lightweight felts? Great Artlite you've got.
Randall: Nice shot! I'm quite jealous I'm not in Spain at the moment.
Perry: Great OR Panama, so good in fact, that I had the same idea today:

g.durand

One Too Many
Jared--thanks. The color balance in the photo is a bit off, though. The felt is an olive gray and the ribbon is sort of a green/gold. Here is an edited shot with a correction for color and the removal of certain pieces of unnecessary data.
lee12_zpsbcc9ff83.jpg

Nice OR panama. Someone is selling an older OR straw on Ebay, blocked with the same cattleman's crease, that I've been considering.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
That's a nice looking hat. You wear it good, what's a hat like that sell for?
I'm acquainted with Akubra, Stetson, somewhat, and not many others yet.

Thank you, Jack. To answer your question, this is a vintage hat, probably produced in the 1950s, and prices are all over the map. It depends on the manufacturer, the condition of the hat, how old it is, the size and ultimately what someone is willing to shell out for one. Having a large head means that there are fewer good examples of vintage hats available for me. I would suggest looking in the vintage hat sections of Ebay and Etsy, plus the classifieds here to get an idea of what the market is like. You could also get a custom hatter to make a copy. A custom made hat, examples of which are found everywhere in this thread and others, will set you back anywhere from the high hundreds to a thousand dollars or more, depending on the maker and what you want.

You can find references to the the old hat manufacturers here, a lot of other useful info, and a list of custom hat makers here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52584-Links-To-Important-Hat-Forum-Threads&

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Visited an interesting fencing museum in Castillo De La Duquesa, an old Roman coastal fortress.
Akubra Byron
imagehfp.jpg

Thought of you, Al! :)

Glad I caught your post by chance this evening, Randall, such a great photograph! Been so busy working on Ryan's film I have not been able to peruse the lounge in some weeks. Would you consider posting this pic and others from your epic journey to FEDORAS AFIELD? Thanks for thinking of me, my friend! :yo:

Too cool today, Alan!
The Wegener is PERFECT for you, Sam.
Granite is FOREVER, Tom (except for the "Old Man of the Mountain"). Great choice!
That's a terrifically tall "Green John", Perry.
David, it's always a perfect day for that Cav. Stellar!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Good morning, everyone! Hope each one of you has a grand day!

David, very nice Cavanaugh, that color just pops.

Dean, very nice Art!

Perry, another killer lid. You always have be wondering what winner you will go with next!

Same, lookin' good!

Alan, that is one sweet straw! The brim is interesting, does it have curl to it, or is that just the photo? Looks swell, sir!

Jao, I think you should wear it more often!

John, I love that felt color and ribbon combo!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on yesterday's wearing - glad the subtle raincoat didn't distract too much ;)

---

Great hats again folks

Enjoying seeing the green hats from Perry and John (love that edge John). Great Panamas from Javier & Jared. Joao - Looks perfect for your weather. OG - great choice to go with that shirt. Sam - lovely Melone, and always nice to see them worn casually. Alan - your boater collection continues to impress. David, GT Dean, GD - all three hats make me envious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran