Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, gents. Since I spent a bit of time in Dallas while growing up (my father's family is from near there), it seemed only fitting I have a hat named after the place.

Alan, by the way, I watched your TEDx talk. Excellent work.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Today, my Buckaroo Sahara Goodness. I've been wearing this a lot lately.

hsw2.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on the furry beast.

John- Very nice looking Dobbs - I love that ribbon, and the rest of your outfit works well with it, without looking too coordinated.

Robert - Very nice panama - I loke the swoop on the sides.

g.durand - I could do with some 'youthful smartness' :D Wonderful hat

winter_joe - great ribbon, nice looking hat

bowlerman - very nice. Mike makes some great hats.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
G - super looking Dallas

Joe - really nice VS.

Robert - cool Fastback

Jeff - I always like to see a new Buckaroo and yours is not exception. Mike Moore's hats have a vibe that is just a little different to most hat makers, which I like a lot.

In the office on a warm Monday morning. Worth & Worth today

smugshot_5646613-L.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Joe, this hat is a masterpiece. Also sharp the ribbon look!

g-durand, The Dallas is terrific and fits you great!

Robert, a really fine looking Straw the Fastback!

John, comes good the Dobbs Milan, excellent look with the tie!

Sam, killer Akubra, sharp brim wide!

Tom, great to see the nice Playboy today!

Jeff, fantastic hat, I love all on him!

David, sharp, Worth & Worth!

ManofKent

David - I like that Worth & Worth a lot - understated elegance

Tom - Lovely Playboy

Sam - three nice hats, and you're making me wish I'd put a bid on that Fortis.

------------------------

Today, the for'Kendall - Milne' again:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Wearing my Worth & Worth straw. Reblocked it to make it wearable, but it’s still hard for me to go about in these low-crown hats, they just don’t look right!

FLDSCF2590_zps2a9756e4.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, sharp, Worth & Worth!

David - I like that Worth & Worth a lot - understated elegance

Thank you, Gentlemen. I like this W&W a lot. Not flashy at all, just a nicely made hat.

Tom - I always like to see that ArtLite

Sam - I like all three, especially the Portis

Richard - good look for you today.

BJ - I'm with John, I can enjoy a straw hat with a lowish crown that I probably wouldn't wear if it was a felt one. I like your W&W.

Well, after temperatures well up in the bloody 90's a nice thunderstorm going on which will hopefully clear the air (of course, one of our doggies is going nuts!). Switched to my VS ArtLite SilverMist

smugshot_8513363-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments. David, I think you're spot on with Mike from buckaroo. I am so enamored with this hat. It was a perfect match for me! Nice worth and worth. Not to mention the artlite!
Sam,I love the variety over the weekend!
Man of Kent, there is just something so perfect about that lil green number!

Went through a couple today. Here's one of my beaver brand in special silver that I continue to try and work back to something close to its original state.
zezu3u4y.jpg

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

winter_joe

A-List Customer
Just got done working the bakken, putting in the foundation for a new oil rig site wore my fed 4 deluxe in moonstone most of the time as it was 88 degrees out. Oh yea couldn't take photos as my phone died and didn't have a charger.

John Galt

Vendor
A&A, funny story re the above Resistol Panama:

I was in a mod kind of hipster store on Highland Blvd in Hollywood (Zares or something like that) this weekend looking for a dress belt for a formal event (forgot mine) and I took my own hat off and set it on the counter as I always do when I talk to a clerk. He said "Is that your hat?," to which I replied "Yes, it is." He then grabbed my hat and started to try to scan it. When I objected, he said: "It looks just like ours."

I replied: "No, it really doesn't - yours are made of paper, and this one is made of toquilla straw." Reply: "Oh, yours is a real one!"

Truth be told, theirs actually looked nothing like mine in terms of style or materials. I actually like a good durable paper hat (and own a couple I wear regularly) but so many cheap hats in the retail stores are sorely are out of shape, and neither the sellers nor the buyers seem to know or care. I would wager that I could increase this store's hat sales dramatically by just spending a few minutes creasing their hats. I actually expected more in Hollywood, of all places.

One more thing - they actually had a decent paper straw skimmer/boater reproduction. Too big for me tho...

John

ManofKent

BJ - Looks good to me. I don't have a real preference for crown height yet, but I've not really got anything with a substantial crown.

Bowlerman - that silver colour is very striking, I like it.

David - Looking good. Warmest we're looking at this week is mid-60's.

---

Thanks for the comments on the green number. I wish I could work out the maker, the felt is nicer than anything else in my meager collection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL