Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T Jones - I own only one 8 panel and it's way too much hat for me. My face is too narrow for it. I'm wondering how I'd look in something like what you're wearing. A linen cap just makes so much sense in this kind of heat we're having.
The cap I'm wearing is 10 inches around when laid out flat...In my opinion I think it would look good on you. It originally comes with the material sewn to the brim but I cut the thread holding it down so I could move the material around where I wanted it for different looks. Like this for example....

wlfl.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
The cap I'm wearing is 10 inches around when laid out flat...In my opinion I think it would look good on you. It originally comes with the material sewn to the brim but I cut the thread holding it down so I could move the material around where I wanted it for different looks. Like this for example....

wlfl.jpg

Looks completely different this way. Great idea.

I notice a lot of straws and Panamas as I'd expect for this time of year. If your weather is anything like mine here in Cleveland, you never know when a thunderstorm will strike. It happened to me several years ago when we were dropping our daughter off at college. Quite the downpour - and nowhere to hide. Really made a mess of a Cuenca Panama. Do you folks not have rain where you live? We're as likely as not to have afternoon storms any day here along the Great Lakes, making wearing a straw something of a risk. I don't think I'd ever purchase an expensive Montecristi for that reason alone.

My northern VT escape (camp/cottage) is in an elevation and location where, even with a decent forecast it may rain, then sun-dry, then rain... five times BEFORE noon on a given day. After a harrowing experience in downpour a couple of years ago, I have taken to always carrying a "rain felt" in the car, but for those great hikes or walks to the end of the road, I carry a crumpled, rolled up plastic grocery bag. I don't normally wear the bag, but can at least safely (dryly?) carry my precious monte to shelter.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Sam - you guys are both sporting very nice hats today.

Andy, I wouldn't wear a good quality straw hat if I thought I'd have to spend any length of time in the rain, that's for sure. Usually during the week, I'm inside or driving so no problem. Otherwise, a lightweight vintage or ArtLite felt hat is the order of the day.

David. I think the boater looks swell, though the Dualist is a tough act to precede. That VS is a rare real world example of making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, no?

Thanks, Alan. Yep, the VS is the crown of my Optimo Montecristi (where I couldn't handle fighting the brim) and Art's lightweight brim. I've enjoyed wearing a lot so I'm very please had asked Art to fix it.

Oh, I thnk the bloody heat is getting to all of us :D

TJ - love how you wear that cap; both versions, you were made to sport that style!

David, nice boater, a different look! Sharp Dualist for today!

Thanks so much Manfred. I don't see me becoming a regular boater wearer though :) I do love to wear the Dualist.

Jeff, the Lee looks interesting, hope you post more pics.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ - love how you wear that cap; both versions, you were made to sport that style!
Thanks DJH. Your VS/Optimo Dualist is one interesting lid. I really like that. You wear it well my friend.

Alanfgag, bowlerman...very well done on the lids gentlemen....really nice.

g.durand

One Too Many
For everyone dealing with the heat, my sympathies. Chilly and gray in the city by the bay today. 50s this morning, up to 65 this afternoon, nice felt weather.

VS Granite
vsgranite_zps5b260fdd.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Whoo, time to play catch up on this thread a bit.

GDurand: Ahh yes summer in the city! Great looking VS. Granite is such a great shade of grey.
Jeff: Nice score! Is it silverbelly or more towards a shade of taupe?
TJones: Is that a modern Stetson cap? I like the fabric on that one.
Sam: perfect ribbon for WAR Wednesday.
Andy: Sharp looking Akubra, nice pairing with the bolo tie too.
David: You're making me want a Dualist....hmm, I think I have a hat which Art can canibalize for a brim....
Al: Great photos. The National Palace Museum is such a mind blowing place. I'd love to go back soon.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
GD - nice looking VS. wish it would cool down here to your kind of temps.

Jared - I think you'd enjoy a Dualist.

Well, the heat wave continues. Disney Milan this morning.

smugshot_3474312-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn