What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highway66blues

highway66blues One of the Regulars

ManOfKent
    Looks Great, I Love it

2. ManofKent

ManofKent My Mail is Forwarded Here

Eric - that VS looks great (impressive Hydrangea too :) ).

----

Thanks or the comments on the Campdraft. Looking at it in photos rather than the mirror I'm more comfortable with the brim width - it's just so much wider than anything else I've worn.

3. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Saturday: Panama Bob Cuenca Cuencano
    [​IMG]
    Sunday (today): Porits Tissue Weight Porkpie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. +1

Nice panama Sam!

5. HamilcarBarca3

HamilcarBarca3 One of the Regulars

Sporting the Stetson Sport-Lite again after church. Love the hat!

[​IMG]

6. highway66blues

highway66blues One of the Regulars

Yes Sir . That is One Sharp lookin' hat.

7. Super with the suit too!

8. delectans

delectans Call Me a Cab

Thank you! There are so many intangibles that keep drawing us back to 'la isla de Formosa, indeed. Another beautiful Lee, and great to learn of another USCF racer on the forum!

Too kind, Alan! :yo:

Thank you, Richard, you always look the dapper Gent of Kent! ;) Stinky tofu is not to be missed when you travel to Taiwan! :essen:

Really appreciate your kind comments, Jeff. Graham really has acquired quite a collection of gorgeous old ribbon of late. Beautiful Lee Homburg for your impromptu reunion.

A pair of photos is truly worth a thousand words! Fantastic to see you on your way to recovery and sporting your beautiful lids again. We should organize a club of ex-road racers, recruiting of course our most illustrious neighbor, Greg Lemond! :D

I just knew you would take the Mayser Parabuntal along on your Italian trek. Excellent images! Be sure to post these photos and more to FEDORAS AFIELD when you have time upon your return.

9. Neophyte

Neophyte My Mail is Forwarded Here

Chopper I LOVE the look of that Portis 'pie. Nice swoop, handsome ribbon, great summer look!

Eric, it's good to see you back in health and back in action.

Been a while since I've posted. Volunteering at a laboratory and getting my SCUBA certification haven't put me in situations lately where a hat is an option.

Resistol 3X, my go-to in hot weather, as I take my first set of prescription sunglasses on a "test drive."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  10. delectans

delectans Call Me a Cab

July Travels

[​IMG]
    Saturday morning, at the Taipei Jade Market.

[​IMG]
    Admiring the ca. 1730 "Goding" Giuseppe Guarneri 'del Gesu' , and attending a presentation at a special exhibition of rare violins and bows, Saturday afternoon.

[​IMG]
    On an elevated platform of the Taipei MRT, on the way to supper.

11. Phineas Lamour

Phineas Lamour Practically Family

Nice Portis pork pie!

12. TheDane

TheDane Call Me a Cab

What a beautiful Montechristi! It really ought to be on display together with that gorgeous Guaneri!

I used to be a sound engineer, and back in 1996 I was doing a broadcast and some recordings for our National Broadcasting Company. The artist was our (at that time) very young violin virtuoso, Nikolaj Znaider, accompanied by a grand piano. During a long break we got engaged in a long conversation. As most great artist he was so bored with people 'licking' his talent and adoring him. He was actually a lot more interested in talking shoes(!) and asked a lot about my favourite music: Appalachian old-time string band music, bluegrass and rooty guitar rags.

As my then wife was a pro. violinist, I asked if I could please hold his Guaneri for a second - just to boast when I got home. "Do you play?", he asked. "No, I used to own one, and I have been fiddling a bit around, but I play guitar and 5-string banjo. Definitely not fiddle."

Then he put the Guaneri in my hands and ordered me to play something. That's probably the only time Ida Red, Sally Goodin and Ragtime Annie ever sounded from a piece of pine, formed and cuttled by Giuseppe himself! :)

The Mrs.? Well, that night she learned how to spell 'stunned'! :D

13. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

You guys all look great this evening! Nice collection of hats gentlemen.

Here I was sporting one of my Stetson Gilchrist caps and wearing one of my Hawaiian shirts earlier this warm and muggy evening in Central Ohio. I bought this shirt about 20 years ago...btw, I started a thread for caps and Hawaiian shirts. There's already an awesome thread for Hawaiian Shirts and Fedoras, so why not one to show off our Hawaiian Shirts and Caps too?

[​IMG]

14. g.durand

g.durand One Too Many

I wonder how many more of us there are on the Lounge? Greg was in the follow car with Bernard Hinault and Miguel Indurain on the Champs Elysee today. He trained in my neck of the woods one winter back in '91/'92, riding out of the bike shop that sponsored my club team, and of course grew up racing here in Northern California. I ended my last race in '07 lying on the pavement 250 meters from the finish line with a fractured pelvis, so I was finally cured of bike racing. After recovering, I then spent the next five years doing endurance rides and centuries. I haven't ridden in the last five months as minor knee and hip injuries flared up, and I just needed a break. It's given me more time to devote to hats!

15. funneman

funneman Practically Family

Hello All. It's been a while. Here's me today wearing my Bee straw for a print ad promoting my voiceover talents. You can't tell by the picture but I'm also wearing a double pocket shirt by Calvin Klein. View attachment 2860

16. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

Hey funneman, LTNS.

17. ManofKent

ManofKent My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sam - that Portis porkpie does look good.

Hamilcar - Sharp looking Stetson with a sharp looking suit.

Alexander - looks like that Resistol should give you plenty of shade - looks good.

Al - great photos again - thanks for keeping them going.

TJ - I like the brim bend.

Funneman - nice promo shot.

18. funneman

funneman Practically Family

-Hey A.C.. I know, it's been years. Been blessed to have been and remain busy.
    -Thanks ManofKent. The wife put that together this afternoon.

-Everyone's hats in this room and everyone's outfits in the others look great.

Glad to see so many old friends and meet new ones as well.

19. Chepstow

Chepstow I'll Lock Up

funneman, nice promo shot and he a cool hat!

TJ, great look! The caps looks good on you as good as the hats looks on you!

Al, thank you very much my friend, you have right, This is the only hat on my travel! Sharp photos as ever. Your Montecristi is a damn sharp hat and looks fantastic!

Alex, nice to see you back with a great Resistol!

Hamilcar, that looks really good, sharp dressed, I thought it's a picture from the 40s!

Sam, very nice collection, great looking Portis!

Sorry for my " every day the same Mayser hat " but is the only hat I have in my bag for Italy!
    You can see a lot of tourists included me and very nice buildings with an interesting patina.
    Free water for all and a lot of fun on the sea!

[​IMG]

The evening in Riva del Garda.
    I sit in a Taverna and listen the sound of the Glenn Miller Orchestra Wil Salden. A fantastic Big Band with a official license for EUROPE to use this name.
    http://www.glenn-miller-orchestra.de/t3/index.php?id=34

On my head, a sportive and modern Bugatti Cap, real Italiano!
    [​IMG]

20. Chepstow

Chepstow I'll Lock Up

Second Day in Italy
    Early dog walk in Riva del Garda. To early for real Italians. The Streets are empty. Best time to take some photos.
    Mayser Parabuntal.
    Behind me the Lago di Garda and see the narrow alleys!
    [​IMG]

Midday, the City awake to life! You need some Hats? Not a problem! For 20 EUR it's yours. Beware! All hats are well made but from a low Quality. .
    [​IMG]

Sorry for my " every day the same Mayser hat " but is the only hat I have in my bag for Italy!
    You can see a lot of tourists included me and very nice buildings with an interesting patina.
    Free water for all and a lot of fun on the sea!

[​IMG]

The evening in Riva del Garda.
    I sit in a Taverna and listen the sound of the Glenn Miller Orchestra Wil Salden. A fantastic Big Band with a official license for EUROPE to use this name.
    http://www.glenn-miller-orchestra.de/t3/index.php?id=34

On my head, a sportive and modern Bugatti Cap, real Italiano!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.