Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great hats yesterday folks.
David you sure are and early bird, great looking VS
Looking sharp in your Akubra mate, and love your Native jewelry too.
Mint color OR for me today, with Hawaiian shirt inspired by TJones.
sqj3.jpg

Oh Yeah! You got it! Excellent! Now we can be twins! How do you like that shirt? It definitely looks on you...

Twins...
ji3w.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks B.J.Hedberg, Chepstow, RBH & DJH.

Thanks T Jones: Nice squatter you have on today.

ManofKent: I didn't change it myself. I bought this from an old forum member Indycop who doesn't spend much time here anymore. I'm not sure if he did it himself or had it done by a pro. Either way it's well done! The panama works well for you by the way.

For today: Akubra Squatter with a trimmed brim (photos shot while running in to work so please excuse my wonky collar).
IMG_6589.JPG

IMG_6591.JPG

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - looks good - lightweight felts are a joy on wet summer days.

Andy - that Fed looks great. A Fed is on my long to obtain list.

Perry - works well with the shirt. I'm cursing you guys - not only are you tempting me into more hat purchases, I've finally broken and ordered a couple of Hawaiian shirts (haven't dared tell the wife yet...).

GTDean - lovely looking Biltmore.

Sam - Looks good I'm seriously tempted by a Squatter myself.

-------------------------

Very warm & humid with occasional heavy showers. Wore the lightest felt I've got - Olney Crushable furfelt:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Wow! This is indeed a fast progressing thread! Too many hats to compliment each and every one as they should be - not to mention how well you gentlemen suit your gorgeous hats. I'll have to work on my reading frequency :)

Hatofile, that tie of yours really makes me joyful. I just wonder ... can you turn the glow up and down - or what do you use the black switch for? :D
Pardon, my 'Tourette' - I can't always help it. I really love the tie, and I think people like you should have a medal for lighting up and add color to our grey days. Thanks for making my day ;)

Last time I was in Denmark, it seemed the Danes had invented more ways to serve herring than any other country :)
That's not half wrong. Look at a map, and look for the spot where the buck-shots hit. That's Denmark! :)

A peninsula and 407 islands. Area: 16,500 square miles - shore line: 4,500 miles - longest possible distance from a shore: 30 miles. That spells 'fish' - not least 'heering'! And yes, we have a lot of delicious local receipts, often buddied by a beer and a 'snaps' - a shot of about 80 proof spiced alcohol, based on just as many local receipts.

Unfortunately we are not as blessed, when it comes to hats. We have a couple of hatters left, working almost solely for the theatre and movie business. No hatter shops, just a few retailers. In the center of Cph, we still have the shop where H.C.Andersen bought his cylinders. But even he 'only' sells off-the-rack Stetson, Borsalino and Mayser.

I usually see 4-5 fedoras a day in Copenhagen. Mostly cheap outback types and cheap straws and a lot of very cheap trilbies. Real quality hats are seldom seen - except when passing a dark shop window, that is ;)

A thin ribbon really makes people here wonder and spin heads (no - not just turn). About a month ago it was a little drizzly, so I wore my mid 50's XXX OR into town. In the bicycle lane three guys passed me with one hand on the handlebar and a guitar case in the other. Here's a picture of the only survivor:
blob.asp

He ended up with two brains and a truckload of extra ligatures, which btw. have turned out to be quite a helpful outcome. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the resulting bike ... trike :D

Enough off-topic, I'll see if I can take a pic tomorrow and upload it. I'd better provide evidence, that I'm not the young punk under that clap-hat!

Btw: In the future, don't tell me, when a lounger has been to Copenhagen. PM me before you come. I love to get the chance to kill a day in the calendar to show around and experience my city with/as a tourist :)

Borsalino Ecosan (pocket hat) in palladio

072313_2.jpg

pocket15.jpg

Grosgrain sweat, 2.3 ounces... it would be hard to find a lighter fur felt hat. Has the hand of a microfiber lens cleaning cloth. You can crease it with a stern glance.

Last edited:
Thanks Perry. Period is mid-fifties or later.

Came in a triangular box but unlike most of these, this one is truly rollable for travel. There is a moisture barrier behind the sweatband to protect the felt, but the grosgrain sweat is susceptible to staining from perspiration. I try not to wear it on very humid days. It was unworn when I received it.

pocket8.jpg

VTporkpie

Familiar Face
First off, that Borsalino Pocket Hat looks fantastic! I picked one up a couple years ago and it's a true favorite of mine. As for today it's a Monterrey Panama. Go figure, took the picture while in the shade...
Nick

View attachment 2867

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. The high today has been 75'F. Perfect summer weather for wearing my newly cleaned 50's Stetson Stratoliner.

IMG_5613-M.jpg

This shot better shows the patina on the brim edge and ribbon. The felt is spic and span!

IMG_5606-S.jpg

I am fetching a summer beverage, so that my hat and I can hang out by the water edge and watch the sun slowly lower. (BTW: Hawaiian shirt folks - I am wearing a Kamehameha Hawaiian polo shirt.)

Cheers, Eric -

g.durand

One Too Many
Eric, apologies, I referred to your Strat as an OR last night. I was tired and old age was having its effect.[huh]

A Dobbs day today. On the way to work wearing the newly acquired Hanover Square:
dobbs_zpsb193d376.jpg

After work my wife wanted to prove to all of you that I could smile. I wish I could have photographed the faces she was making at me:
photo-53_zpsb5dd9c5a.jpg

And then out and about for awhile wearing the Dobbs Twenty lightweight:
Photo1-145_zpsda5fe4df.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, a great one. Fantastic look after cleaning! Great job done, Eric!

VTporkpie , good looking hat!

Alan, very very nice, interesting sweatband with ventilation, looks really good!

Richard, very nice that Olney, good to have a light weight on board!

Sam, nice hat. I miss my felt hats here in Italy but I think the Squatter is a bit thick for temps over 89 F

TJ, sharp dressed with your shirt and hat, you wear it well!

Tom, great looking hat that Biltmore!

Perry, you and TJ twins? Also sharp dressed for Summer!

Andy, looking good with your native jewelry!

Rusty, I miss a photo from the new hat! Where is the hat!? :eusa_doh: :)

David, looks very good and a good alternative to a straw hat!

g-durand, better not laughing, ...no no, just kidding, looks good my friend, also the new Hanover, a fine hat!

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Don't worry Manfred, I won't do it again!!:)
..and thank you, your compliments are always welcome. Are you enjoying your stay in Italy?

Thanks, G. Italy is great, really. The weather, the people are great. You have so much to see, old architecture, Mountains, Lakes. The Italians are very friendly folk and it's a pleasure to be here! Thanks that you asked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24