Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P. & C. Habig Wien probably 1930s.

9505173172_49c6fb3ace_c.jpg

RBH

Bartender
The curling machines are unreal, I have three of them, and a bucket full of curling heads of differant size curls, will have them sand blasted and polished there is one that is the biggest curl I have ever seen in that bucket.

Ribbon, and ribbon and ribbon, there are 100's of rolls of 4 line 6 line 9 line 12 line, and boxes full of 14, 16, 19 and 22 line ribbon, more 3 ply and 6 ply ribbon than I could ever get in all colors.

Hope to get piping for steam and blow down lines done in the next week or so and have the blocker cleaned and painted and in use by Sept 1st.

Hope to get the vintage air vent dies cleaned and installed on the machine to do those wonderful vent designs in the crowns and sides of some of the hats we make.
Almost forgot about the wind trollys I found in a box with all the ribbon I bought
Major Moore

Yep....
We will have a really cool item to post soon.

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
G.D., yes I suspect we were the only ones with fedoras, ha. I went to Abbots Lagoon, and it was grey, but a relatively high ceiling. At Point Reyes Station it was sunny, of course.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Good afternoon Gents! Everyone of you guys are looking great today! I love the collection of hats!

delectans, Happy Birthday! I love the Panamas you wear!

Agree completely. Without doubt a Super Tuesday!

Thanks for the kind comment and birthday wishes, and congratulations on a fine first effort working on your hat.

Perry, Your Royal Stetson has a great look. Really like the thin braided band!

Andy, Your Akubra Squatter wears great! Enjoying all that green too!

Tom, Beautiful felt color / finish on your Biltmore Wilderness Collection Silverbelly Open Road!

Sam, The Akubra Fed IV is made for you! Wears great!

Josh, Wow! Your Resistol 4X is fantastic! Super conversion! Also great to see you back in action!

Jeff, Great change up! I really like that little Wormser!

Manfred, You own the Homburg Hut! Your latest Borsalino is fantastic!

TJones, Very nice crease work! Look forward to seeing your Resistol in action!

Robert, Super Dobbs Milan! Great color combos at work!

Richard, Congrats on the Adam Premier. I really like that style!

HatsRme, Great angle going with your VS Steel. Classic look!

Garrett, What a fantastic finish on your Borsalino! Overall TKO!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, a super place to chilling. Thumbs up for the Resistol!
Here with this weather, we just can't say no to a trip to the beach :)

Joao - hat suits you well, and the beach looks a great place.
Thank you. The place is amazing. I can't describe it with words and I forgotten to take some pictures to show.

Today I'm wearing my recently converted Resistol 4X Cowboy hat. I haven't posted pics of this one yet. The label under the sweatband was written by hand, not computer. Based on the tall crown, liner style, and sweatband, I would say it dates to the late 70's.
Great job and it looks very good on you. Someone wearing a western that it's not me :)

Continuing my vacantion, spent some days on my parents country house. Not far from Lisbon (less than 50 kms in strait line, 80 kms by road). The morning was a bit chill with some fog but later in the morning the sun showed it's heat. During a walk I took this picture ;)
20130813.jpg

Resistol Black Gold 20x beaver

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Happy Birthday Al! Thanks for sharing.

Great pics all-around.

Minnesota evening is 67'F with a breeze off the water that makes a wool Pendleton 49'er jacket comfortable this evening. My VS Whippet (sahara colored felt) tops my head in comfort.

IMG_5807-M.jpg

Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
As already mentioned it is Super Tuesday here for sure today.

I've not had much time to check in the last few days, changes at our company have me getting in early and staying late with way too much to do all around :D

Been mainly wearing my Worth & Worth Montecristi, including today:

smugshot_3726352-L.jpg

This has become my go-to summer hat, a WORTHwhile investment for sure :D

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Happy Birthday Al! Thanks for sharing.

Great pics all-around.

Minnesota evening is 67'F with a breeze off the water that makes a wool Pendleton 49'er jacket comfortable this evening. My VS Whippet (sahara colored felt) tops my head in comfort.

Eric -

Hey thank you, Eric! Lookin' good today. Coolness in the air for sure at dawn and dusk.

As already mentioned it is Super Tuesday here for sure today.

I've not had much time to check in the last few days, changes at our company have me getting in early and staying late with way too much to do all around :D

Been mainly wearing my Worth & Worth Montecristi, including today:

Lovely Montecristi, David, deserved of so much noggin time.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Wonderful hats today, gents.. Awesome job on the hat, T Jones! It looks very good and I bet it fits pretty good too, man! Manofkent, that is a good looking hat and I love the coat you are wearing too. rlk and hatsrme, good looking hats as well. Love the straw. Garret, that is a beautiful hat. Maybe someday I'll get one as good looking as that.

Today I wore my Stetson Sportlite. Good hat to use in this weather we're having here.

5ElqxlW.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Started off with my brown Fed earlier…

Z1_zps75d014ec.jpg

…and turned to my freshly reblocked Worth and Worth panama tonight. Cut out the shrunken cloth sweatband and after gaining about a quarter inch in height and folding in a new brim-break, I sewed in the leather one I had left over from my sadly departed Deckard fedora. That part turned out OK. Overall, still far too low of a crown, and now the brim is only about 2”, but it’s wearable now, and comfortable. Was going to toss it. Ribbon work is terrible, but the diamond crown turned out great. I’ll post some shots of all my hat’s diamonds over in the proper thread in a few days.

Z3_zps14e08140.jpg
Z4_zps7bccfea7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav