Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Stratoliner

081413_1.jpg

081413_2.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, Mike, Rusty and Jeff, not belated my dear friends, It's my birthday today and you are not to late.
In Germany we have 7.30 pm. I thank you all from my deepest heart for your Birthday wishes.

Alan, wonderful Strat, the whole outfit looks very elegant!

Sam, lovely hat on my Birthday, thank you for your choice!

Charlie, very very nice, you wear the Fino Fino excellen!

Andy, also one of my favourite hats!

g-durand, what a great Playboy my friend!

Thanks Randall. I can usually find a photo or two in sixty that creates that illusion. ;)

How are you? Your photos from Europe are wonderful and too few.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Aloha Gents! All you guys are looking great today! Today on a beautiful afternoon from Central Ohio I'm wearing my recently reshaped "Indy" 4X Resistol with one of my Hawaiian shirts....The Resisitol used to be a Western Hat and had a pretty noticeable 6 inch tapered open crown...I was able to get a lot of the taper out but obviously not all of it. I tacked on a new hat ribbon, put my liner back in and I'm good to go!....(the hat was originally too big for me...so while wetting down my hat for reshaping I wasn't concerned about getting my sweat band wet...after my hat air dried for a good while I turned my sweat inside out and hit it with a hair dryer...it shrunk up to a perfect fit)!

Happy Birthday Chepstow!

7ex4.jpg

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
Josh - a belated great job on the western conversion, the ribbon looks just right. If I may, that hat screams to me for a crown shape with more "character." I think it would look excellent in a Montana Peak (Gus) or Two Dot crease. You've got enough crown to work with for sure, most westerns don't have the extra crown needed for some of the old-timey cowboy creases. Also, the wider ribbon you put on there works great with the old-time creases as well. Frank.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+2!

I took my two youngest kids fishing this morning-- truly a first for them, and my daughter caught the first one of the day! I wore my cuenca subfino out to the river. The photo is not from today (that would be the Malibu coast), but the fish theme pervades.

californiatrip22012279.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo