Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Orangegrad, hatsRme, case, Alan, hatophile, TJones, b-man, m0nk--thanks for sharing some fantastic lids today.
Manfred--cheers for your birthday and thank you for your kind comments.

Adam Executive on the way to work this morning, another day under the marine layer.
photo-56_zps3ee3342b.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
The CD looks good, Richard. After the outing to the ocean on Sunday, which was the first time I've worn mine for any length of time, I'm beginning to warm up to it.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Refreshingly cool this morning. After spending a late night fighting website issues, giving this Borsalino a little noggin time.

smugshot_3246625-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I like to see these hats coming out under a cooler weather trend!
Nice ones, G. Durand, Richard, David, and HRme!
What a great shade of grey on that Borso, David.
HRme-- nice finofino. nice saddle bit paneled billiard there too-- what kind of pipe is it?

I like to see these hats coming out under a cooler weather trend!
Nice ones, G. Durand, Richard, David, and HRme!
What a great shade of grey on that Borso, David.
HRme-- nice finofino. nice saddle bit paneled billiard there too-- what kind of pipe is it?

Tobacco.

Purchased from Edwards' Tobacco in Tampa about 7-8 years ago. It's a favorite due to the more geometric lines (mid-century stuff, I think) and for the fact that it "sits" without tipping over. My choice of smoke is from a dying-on-the-vine tobacconist here in the Boston area, David Erlich, labeled as their "Black and Gold" blend. Excellent room note, acceptable to most. My wife even enjoys it.
But my all-time favorite comment on this specific blend, years ago from a couple of visiting single gals (at the time)... "OOooo, that smells soooo masculine..." Don't know what she meant exactly, but I remember well.

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thursday morning: my BGCD with a new bash

I decided to get rid of the center dent in my BGCD and go for something different. Tomorrow we'll be taking our daughter to college for her junior year, and I think this will be the hat to go with me as we lug all her belongings up three flights of stairs - her first apartment.

These photos are also in the Akubra Campdraft thread.

View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509 View attachment 3510 View attachment 3511 View attachment 3512

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
g-durand, Jeff, David, Che, Jared and TJ, so many Birthday wishes. My sincerest thanks my dear friends! It was a great
Birthday for me with all the congratulations from you Thanks again on all!

g-durand, fine, fine fine looking Adam!

Monk, cool FPH. I understand why he gets a lot of head time!

Jeff, nice photo! The good subfino has a nice place found!

TJ, great job. The new Indy hat looks really good, like the original!

Andy, great Job on the new bash and crease, sharp! PS. Al the best wishes to your daughter and her first apartment!!

Sam, well, that hat has a lot of charme and looks excellent on you!

Tom, love the cattleman crown, it's a classic but looks not good on me!

Perry, my lion brother, nice to see the Tilden today, it's long time ago that I saw him!

David, and that is good so, sharp Borsalino!

Richard, not to late, for your CD we have a lot of time. Great looking hat on you!

Charlie, lovely fino fino on you!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
g-durand, fine, fine fine looking Adam!

Monk, cool FPH. I understand why he gets a lot of head time!

Jeff, nice photo! The good subfino has a nice place found!

TJ, great job. The new Indy hat looks really good, like the original!

Andy, great Job on the new bash and crease, sharp! PS. Al the best wishes to your daughter and her first apartment!!

Sam, well, that hat has a lot of charme and looks excellent on you!

Tom, love the cattleman crown, it's a classic but looks not good on me!

Perry, my lion brother, nice to see the Tilden today, it's long time ago that I saw him!

David, and that is good so, sharp Borsalino!

Charlie, lovely fino fino on you!

What Manfred said :)

Nice Dobbs Alan - simple and effective

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The CD looks good, Richard. After the outing to the ocean on Sunday, which was the first time I've worn mine for any length of time, I'm beginning to warm up to it.

If it had 1/4" off the sides I'd be really happy with it. I could cut it down, but I don't want to lose the brim binding, and I'm not sure my trimming skills are up to a dimensional brim. As it is, it's grown on me a lot as a casual hat, but I can't se me wearing it with a suit for work. Hopefully my Fed will be here soon (coming up to two weeks so it should be).

Many thanks, Richard and Hatsrme... and for all the shared comments that I've failed to acknowledge. I have trouble keeping up with the volume of great activity on this thread. The feedback is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner