Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao - great hat and you pull that band off

G.D. - great looking Whippet - colour is nice whatever you call it.

BJ - I like the crown height on that Worth & Worth.

David - I always enjoy seeing that dualist

Jeff - the Falcon Park looks good even with the slight assymmetry - doesn't show when worn.

Perry - nice Milano

Sam - great looking cap

Alan - Beautiful looking featherweight

Rogera - looks good - I'm loving my new Fed. Is that the Granite?

Tom - nicely bashed and congratulations on the buckle

GD - I love that moonstone colour

----------------

Thanks for the comments on Thursday's Olney Crushable - I need better photos though because it's fur-felt not a woolie, and black not blue :)

----------------

Friday - cheap Failsworth Panama:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mossant. For fleamarket Visite today!

uju2ydur.jpg

Regards
Manfred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Richard - nice to see it's still straw weather

Manfred - good luck with the hat hunting today.

Saturday morning Dunkin's run with my "new to me" Stetson Bantam

smugshot_6147159-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
G. Durand, excellent choice with the moonstone. Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Richard, my bad! I read the word "crushable" in your Olney post, and thought wool without actually reading the detail. I thought that looked pretty nice for a wool. ;) Sorry! You look totally comfortable in today's Failsworth.

Manfred, I hope that fabulous Mossant will lead you to some good raiding at the flea market!

David, this Bantam is concise and has really nice lines. Grey, or blue, or bluish grey? However the shade appears in person, it really looks nice on my monitor.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Fabulous hats fellows!

Early morning the dogs and I headed out for a hike. The 65'F morning temps had me wearing my VS Wanderer in silverbelly. I am preparing mentally for some summer weather that will stay the next couple of days.

IMG_0212-M.jpg

IMG_0219-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Rogera

Rogera - looks good - I'm loving my new Fed. Is that the Granite?

Thanks ManofKent! It is actually the dark brown. I saw the post of your new Fed and it is very nice. I like the tight front pinch.

Alan, Tom, Roger, g~durand and Richard, fantastisch hat's today. Cool to have a Smartphone.

Regards
Manfred

Mossant. For fleamarket Visite today!

uju2ydur.jpg

Regards
Manfred

Thanks Manfred! Hope you come home with loads of lids. Your current selection is very nice!

Richard - nice to see it's still straw weather

Manfred - good luck with the hat hunting today.

Saturday morning Dunkin's run with my "new to me" Stetson Bantam

smugshot_6147159-L.jpg

As always David, another stunning Stetson!:eusa_clap

Fabulous hats fellows!

Early morning the dogs and I headed out for a hike. The 65'F morning temps had me wearing my VS Wanderer in silverbelly. I am preparing mentally for some summer weather that will stay the next couple of days.

IMG_0212-M.jpg

IMG_0219-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Ahhh I can't wait for 65 degree mornings! This relentless heat is wearing me out. My wife and I are heading northeast in early October and I am soooooo ready.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful flowers and VS!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Fabulous hats fellows!

IMG_0212-M.jpg

IMG_0219-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Eric - I "broke down" and ordered a Wanderer from Art. Just put the conformer back in the mail yesterday. Now the wait. Art says it won't be as long as I had expected - within a couple months.

Manfred - you always have another fedora I haven't seen. And another nice one.

Richard - love the bash and color. Maybe I need a new camera to bring out the colors of my hats.

David - stunning. Just stunning.

And my fedora of the day - an Australia market Akubra Fedora.

View attachment 3718

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Roger; I agree, the cooler temps can not come fast. Enjoy your upcoming vacation.

Andy; You rock! The Wanderer inspired VS have gorgeous dimensions and lines. What color felt? Any special features (felt weight/ribbon/vent holes/other requests)?

I had to cut the lawn and am wearing my <$2.00 hat. The sticker says $1.99. The price is reasonable. Whoa it is getting warm.

IMG_0224-M.jpg

Showered, shaved and changed makes me feel like a new person. Best, Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Roger; I agree, the cooler temps can not come fast. Enjoy your upcoming vacation.

Andy; You rock! The Wanderer inspired VS have gorgeous dimensions and lines. What color felt? Any special features (felt weight/ribbon/vent holes/other requests)?

Eric - I showed my wife some of your photos and she really liked how it looked. Art suggested a specific weight of felt that he thinks is best for this particular hat (I can't remember what he calls it). When the felt samples arrived, my wife liked the Silverbelly color best. So I asked Art to make mine similar to yours, as my wife really likes it. So we'll have two short balding guys with very similar VS Wanderers. We could start a mini-convention.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, Richard, David, Jeff, Andy and Roger, thanks my friends, your wishes brought me luck! From left to right - Homburger Hutfabrik GmbH Savoy,
Mayser Trachten Ausseer und Hückel Ausseer, both with traditional backbow!
The Mayser and the Hückel are from the 70s and the Savoy, my guess from the 50s!
hcu3.jpg

Eric, wonderful photos, a stunner your Wanderer!

David, great looking hat, really, suits you perfect!

Andy, sharp as ever, your Akubra collection grows up!PS. I have to much hats to wear them all. :D

ManofKent

David - you wear that Bantam well.

Eric - I love the lines of that VS silverbelly and the subtle ribbon contrast is great. The lawn moving hat was definitely worth more than it's price too :)

Andy - The Fedora looks great - how does it compare with the Fed IV?

Manfred - I love the Savoy and the other finds are great fun, particularly the Mayser.

ManofKent

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's straw. Definitely not straw weather today - humid and showery.

Relying on a pub umbrella to keep me dry and my Guinness from being watered down. Huckle (Tonak):

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy - The Fedora looks great - how does it compare with the Fed IV?

Richard - the Fedora (sold as the Sydney without wind trolley in the States) is a much smaller hat than the Fed, and there is a bit of taper both front/back and side/side. As you see it on my head, it's around 4.5 inches in the front down to a bit over 4 inches in the back. Brim is 2.5 inches.

Comes with Imperial grade felt, but the sweatband seems closer to the Heritage grade sweat than the Imperial.

I really like the liner. Very classy.

View attachment 3723

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Manfred; Your shopping trips are always hat-full! Congrats on more hats.

Andy; It sounds great. The silverbelly is a classical color for good reason. It is an excellent choice for most attire choices during a week. The felt shows a wonderous variety of color hints in the taupe or tan color range in different lights. I am excited as it sounds like the hat that will have that splendid image mix of luxury and yet cool casual.

Richard; Thanks for sharing your hat pics sir. I particularly enjoy the context of the pics as I can visit your area of the world thru your camera lense.

I steamed my hat in prep for playing some blues this evening at a local coffee house. Rowenta clothing steamer on my guitar stand works wonderfull. I use a spoon, regular dansk flatware, for shapping. Guitar re-strung with fresh strings, music kit ready and hat good for the evening. Oops, will have to add a cotton hankerchief for mopping my brow so as not to get excessive moisture on the leather hat band.

Sitting down to warm-up the hands. Best, Eric -

IMG_0232-M.jpg

(Oh....pardon please, VS Weston in silverbelly fedora in pic.)

Last edited:

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
My Cane's Creations

Not sure I'm the best model for it, but Tim at Cane's Creations made this beautiful rabbit felt lid for me. About 4" at the front pinch and a 2 3/8 brim. Very nice custom hat.

Excuse my daughter's expression. She doesn't do well in the heat, and it was HOT today at our local zoo.

View attachment 3725

View attachment 3726

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner