Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Manfred Go!

The last weekend in August our street is closed for an art festival. We love when that happens.

082413.jpg

One booth had a 50s Flip It cap with a typical wacky print. Was proud of myself for leaving it there.

Alan, Great pair of straws! I really like that brim edge! Looks like a fun time plus great weather!

Manfred, Your Mossant looks super! Also great finds at the Flea market!

David, Super Stetson Bantam! It's glowing!

Garrett, Great crown height and color combos going on your VS Dualist!

Steve, Super combo of Cane's Creations!

Eric, Interesting backgrounds for your VS Wanderer! Hope the heat wave moves through quickly!

Richard, Nice start with the Failsworth Panama! Really enjoy seeing Hückel TONAK!

Andy, Your Australia market Akubra Fedora wears great! Looks like some nice weather too!

g.durand

One Too Many
Richard, Manfred, David, Eric, Andy, Steve, Garret, Alan, Mrs. Alan, (I think I got everyone)--all top notch today.

The Adam Executive got some head time today.
photo1-16_zps631e5c99.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; Excellent photo of you and your wife celebrating an empty house. ;) I see two still youthfull parents sharing time and pursuing interests. While it may only be the moment, send it on to the girls. Best to both of you. Excellent couple of lids.

Steve; Thanks for the kind comments. I had hoped for another pic of one of the many nearly perfect fedora specimens you have shown us this summer. You have had an excellent hat summer, IMO.

G; Love the Executive. Wearing the hat you easily carry the archon of an aristocrate or a notable figure. That's my story and I am sticking with it!

I am back from playing out on the deck of the local coffee lounge. I am wearing my second shirt as it is a very warm evening and during break my bud and I changed shirts. My first shirt and my guitar strings are worse for the evening. Light weight felt of the VS Weston worked well. Better than the shirt. My hankerchief was soaked wiping my brow and the leather hat band. The leather band will easily dry and I will treat wipe it with some lexol in the morning.

IMG_0238-M.jpg

Channeling some Charlie Patton and Sun House this evening, Eric -

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - thanks for the info

Rusty - excellent advice :)

Eric - a steamer sounds useful - I get filthy looks from my wife when I weight down the kettle's switch to stop it turning off :eek: Lovely Weston

Steve - looks like Tim has done a great job.

Garrett - very striking.

Alan - an excellent pair of straw lids. Looks like you are having a great time.

G.d. - I always enjoy seeing that executive.

------

Thanks for the comments on Saturday's offering folks.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Like I stated earlier, great posts today and hats that inspire.

Went to a barbecue this afternoon in my VS Art-lite (same one in my avatar) and took my own hot dog too:

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
A Fedoratastic Day today Gents
starting with Chepstow & his flea market scores to Mikes Pooch & great VS nice shirt to match as well...
every hat post a winner ! & good to see Eric hope your recovery is 100%

I have not been posting much lately.. PC dumped & well its either more hats/caps or a new PC

for today my sidekicks are sporting Simonds Bespoke caps & I am wearing my Al's Attire cap
232323232%7Ffp734%3A7%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D368539645%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

che:cool:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, g-durand Richard, Eric, Che and Alan, thanks a lot, gentlemen. Your comments and kind words are always much appreciated!
Maybe I should tell you a day before I go to a fleamarket that I go and my finds are much bigger!

Richard, your Hückel is fantastic and looks so and a bargain!

Eric, nice photo. I guess your session was great!

Steve, nice photos and a wonderful hat.!

Garrett, sharp Dualist!

Alan, that is a wonderful portrait of you and your wife. Cool hatted!

g-durand, that hat is in great shape and I enjoy the clear lines of you Adam!

Mike, what a sharp photo. Great look on both!

Che, you three guys rock the Cap fraction! Sharp as ever, Che!

Classic picture, Che... I've missed seeing you and the grandkids and the great caps. I was tempted to make some silly pun, like "agave my heart in San Francisco"... but I'm not going to do that.

Mike,your photo is a heart string tugger too.

:eusa_clap

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning folks. The temps are aready in the low 80's F and high 90's are expected this afternoon. Unfortunately at just after 7:00 am a tree knocked down a local utility pole and we are without power. I am wearing a cuenca straw on my warm dog walk.

IMG_0242-M.jpg

Warm boy with warm dogs, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Che; Greetings sir. Glad to see you and your side-kicks. Looking sharp.

Mike; Love the VS and your "sidekick." Nothing makes a pic better than a man's best friend in the shot.

Andy; Great pic and enjoy the hike. You certainly have some jewelry sir.

Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Good morning folks. The temps are aready in the low 80's F and high 90's are expected this afternoon. Unfortunately at just after 7:00 am a tree knocked down a local utility pole and we are without power. I am wearing a cuenca straw on my warm dog walk.

Hope your electricity comes back on soon. I wouldn't do well with temps in the 90s and no A/C.

It's been one of the coolest summers in Cleveland I can remember. Though it hasn't rained for a while, we've been staying well below 90 every day. Typically we do get some hot days here - but not so far. I've worn my Cuenca Panama once so far. If I take another walk this evening perhaps I'll wear it then.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saturday morning: Fat Akubra campdraft
IMG_7333.JPG

IMG_7334.JPG

Saturday afternoon, off to a rodeo/festival in a more appropriate thin ribbon campdraft
IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

IMG_7359.JPG

Sunday: Carmack whiskey
IMG_7446.JPG

IMG_7445.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Ed, Eric and Sam, Great pics all. A nice selection of hat's for today..

For me a very very old Homburg from the. GDR
uqu8ajuv.jpg

Regards
Manfred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member