Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good early afternoon Gents! Wow! I'm impressed with the collection of hats this morning! All you guys look great! bowlerman, SBG, I love the ribbon work on both those hats! Nice! Really nice! g.durand, lovin' the Stetson Playboy! Orangegrad, awesome Marathon my friend! alanfgag, I love that Hawaiian shirt! Oh, the hat too! I just love that shirt though!

I took my Royal Stetson to the guys at "Rods Western Palace" for a cleaning and re-shaping yesterday. I love the bash they put in it so I'm wearing it around this beautiful afternoon in Central Ohio...The spot on the brim in picture #3 is actually a fault in my camera lens.

View attachment 3951

View attachment 3953

View attachment 3954

View attachment 3955

View attachment 3956

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I took my Royal Stetson to the guys at "Rods Western Palace" for a cleaning and re-shaping yesterday. I love the bash they put in it so I'm wearing it around this beautiful afternoon in Central Ohio...The spot on the brim in picture #3 is actually a fault in my camera lens.

It looks fantastic! I've been thinking about getting my OR cleaned and reblocked. This has convinced me.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I'd missed the hike photos, Eric... glad I was able to catch up and see these. Is that a beaver chew underneath your hat or a woodsman's work?

Glad you liked the shots Alan. I am confident that it is beaver, or perhaps beavers work. I worked my way thru to an open lowland area and discovered as many as 2 dozen similar felled trees. The area was way to hard to get to, much to uniform in felling (the trees actually all fell in a similar direction) and the stumps held too big a tooth marks for a modern woodsman.

Eric -

Glad you liked the shots Alan. I am confident that it is beaver, or perhaps beavers work. I worked my way thru to an open lowland area and discovered as many as 2 dozen similar felled trees. The area was way to hard to get to, much to uniform in felling (the trees actually all fell in a similar direction) and the stumps held too big a tooth marks for a modern woodsman.

Eric -

Amazing workers, those beavers. I still have a few beaver chew sticks collected from a trip to northern Ontario many years ago. Beautifully stripped of bark with tiny marks left from the work. They make good walking sticks.

beaver_chew.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great 3 day weekend of Hats Guys
Im sporting this now

[video=youtube;7deS4zVY0O4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7deS4zVY0O4[/video]

Gotta finish up before it gets hot today early start.
Ill be sportin a Panama later ,, I cant post pics up PC down but videos are easy to postup..

enjoy the day guys :cool:
che

Last edited:
Impossible to keep up with three great days of just (no pun intended) over-the-top hats, gentlemen!
My weekend began in deep study of my upcoming role... wearing a favorite, MacLachlan.
View attachment 3970

My firstborn's wedding day, yesterday, in Newport, RI... We were really hob-nobbing with the riff-raff! I dreamed of wearing my specially commissioned Monti from PHD, and blocked by VINCE CORVELLI. We were shooting for a mid-1950's flat top/optimo style, which he hit out of the park. But, alas, the sky looked seriously ominous.

View attachment 3962 View attachment 3963 View attachment 3964

So, in order to prevent the rain, I switched up to a 1952 Stetson 3xxx beaver Homburg. I knew that if I had been wearing that straw, it definitely would have rained. It worked superbly, as the skies eventually cleared for a perfect filtered sunset backdrop, as if ordered up from the Special Effects Dept.
View attachment 3965

The victims...
View attachment 3966

Now it's time for a nap.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
bowlerman, David, Manfred, Alan, T Jones, dh66--thank you all for your comments.

Andy--nice Marathon. I'm always on the lookout for another one, but so far no luck.

bowlerman--the Tumwater looks good with the diamond crease. I've become so enamored of the diamond that I re-creased almost almost all my hats into that way recently. I just like the way, as Eric says, it draws the eye to the rise of the crown.

Eric--love the VS Dove Strat.

David--an Optimo/VS hybrid--can it get any better than that?

T Jones--I think you were made to wear the OR.

Che--Nice way to portray a working man's hat.

hatsRme--how does it feel to have one less person "on the payroll"? Thanks for sharing the photos of the wedding party. Too bad you weren't able to wear the Monti, that would have been perfect, but the homburg was a suitable stand-in.

Today I did a little more adjusting of the chocolate brown Optimo. I took another photo to see if I could capture its true color. It's a bit too warm for the weather we're having right now. This will really be a winter hat--the felt is dense and substantial and it has the widest brim of any hat I own.
IMG_3080_zps82fa4618.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Charlie - good news that you successfully kept the rain away for the wedding. Nasty rain up this way today.

GD - I like the Optimo.

Going out to dinner with my lovely wife and dodging the thunderstorms. ArtLite VS for me.

smugshot_2368926-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
dh66, g.durand, thanks my friends. I appreciate the compliments.

hatsRme, love your collection of hats! Lookin' classy my friend!

g.durand, love the Optimo! That Brown is rich my friend and I love that wide brim! Nice!

DJH, now that is one nice lid! Awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24