Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

A-List Customer
Arrr...I wore The Jacksonian by Stratton t'day at me wife's comp'ny picnic. But, alas, there weren't no bottles o' rum. It was so cold and windy, I thought I'd grab this sturdy hat to keep me from goin' overboard.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Aye, fine posts t'day matey's, the winds were fair and the sun bestowed a right fine day to show off me fluff of a Pandora from the Black Sheep Hat Works, arrrr......

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, Steve, G-durand and Richard, thank you all for the nice comments and kind words!

BJ, that looks good. A classy hat!

Richard, thanks that you ask. I could repair it with the own fur felt of the inside the Melone.
Not a glue, I used for the repair a clear Zappon Laquer to glue the hair over the cut. Is not easy to repair it that you nothing see!
You can see it a bit but the brim ist stiff now. By the way, your look with the Fed is first class!

Steve, a beauty Borsa, no one can tell me that black hats look not good!

Sam, love the brim Style on your Greta! Fantastic!

O-Guy, perfect. Now we can say Captain Jack to you! ;)

Monte, a great looking hat!

Mike, sharp as ever your Pandora and a real good choice!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Bantam

smugshot_7594459-L.jpg

smugshot_52573-L.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
David - there's yet another Stetson I'm going to have to find in my size. I like the proportions of the Bantam. But I think I need to rein in the purchases for a while.

Casechopper - another cap that looks great on you.

No surprise at what I'm wearing today - my VS Wanderer that arrived yesterday. Not only does it look good. Not only is the work impeccable. But the fit is fantastic. This will indeed get quite a bit of head time.

View attachment 4427

View attachment 4428

With some of my finer Navajo jewelry
View attachment 4429

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Gents! Really nice collection of hats so far!

monte, nice looking Jacksonian I like that. Is that on Stratton's website?

mikespens, I love the ribbon work on that hat! Better wear 'em while you can guys. Gonna be getting too cold for Panamas pretty soon! I may wear mine some today.

DJH, Nice!

casechopper, love the jacket / cap combo! Caps really suit you well. I'd love to get a jacket like that!

orangegrad, That's one awesome lid my friend!

On this overcast Friday morning from Central Ohio it's least favorite hat day! So today I'm wearing the dreaded black monstrosity, my black Akubra Squatter! ( I love the Squatter. I just don't like the Black color).

qgck.jpg

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
TJones - I really like black hats. I currently have two, with a third on the way. And this one looks good on you. I know some people have said it looks like an Amish hat - not sure that's such a bad thing, really. I personally think it's all in the way you carry yourself and wear the hat. If you have confidence in wearing it, then will it really matter what others think?

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
casechopper, love the jacket / cap combo! Caps really suit you well. I'd love to get a jacket like that!
On this overcast Friday morning from Central Ohio it's least favorite hat day! So today I'm wearing the dreaded black monstrosity, my black Akubra Squatter! ( I love the Squatter. I just don't like the Black color).

qgck.jpg

The jacket is a Pointer Brand Hickory stripe chore coat. Their prices are rising very quickly recently so I'd shop around for someone with some older stock at the older prices if you want to get one. They're moving away from actual work wear towards a fashion brand with the popularity of traditional styled work wear and the reasonable pricing needed for real work wear doesn't seem to be their focus at this point in time IMO.

The black hat works well for you. It is a bit stark so I could see that being an issue if you want something a little lower key. Otherwise in my opinion it works well with your face. You always look very serious in your photos and black is a serious color...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
orangegrad, casechopper, thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments. I know blacks hats have their appeal to some and my criticism is not intended to offend the guys who do like black hats. It's whatever a person likes that makes something appealing to them. But for my own personal preference black hats have no appeal to me except for maybe a Western hat. From the pictures on the bid site where I bought it the hat looked Gray. Obviously what I got instead was a Black hat. Aside from the black color I do like the Squatter. It's still up for a trade if anyone's interested.

Great hats thi morning a nd yesterday guys.
O.G. That wanderer is perfect. I am envious enough of SBG's, now I'm lookin' at yours too
Great cap Casehopper
DJH you can never fail with a silvrbelly stetson, that one is great
Great panama Mike. What kind of batteries does that band take? Awesome
T.Jones, I'm kinda with you about black hats, but the squatter looks to have enough felt to make a decent western hat. A lot of cowboy hats from the 50s and 60s had 3" or 3 1/2" brims. You could make a nice Adam Cartwright style with it.
AnA I can see why that falcon park is a fave. It compliments you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

btw Casehopper, I am familiar with pointer brand and I know what you are saying. I've thrashed a few pairs of their work dungarees in my time, but for what they go for now I sure wouldn't use 'em to work in.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I can't keep up! Fantastic selection, gentlemen. Sam, the crm is great. B.J., congrats on the new tumwater-- love that diamond bow! AnA, always inspiring to see the falcon park.

A quickie before I need to head out to work. My new akubra campdraft arrived about fifteen minutes ago. So far I'm enjoying this dry cattleman crease! I think tasha is curious too!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Some spectacular hats today, David thumbs up,
Sam cool Cap, TJ Killer Black Squatter, Andy a beauty, Tom Sharp as ever. AnA You Look Great, Jeff splendid hat. I hope I have nobody forgotten to mention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara