Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
McPeppers - I can't see the detail, but nice shape to it.

TJones - it looks good which is what matters more than what it's made of. Lovely cap too.

Stuffsmith - nice vintage pieces.

David - Lovely Whippet.

Andy - Looks good - is the felt finish that different from the Fed Imperials? I'm quite tempted for a hat to put a lower diamond crease in (went with a centre crease on all three feds) - is the crown high enough?

Sam - great Vs with a typically nice ribbon.

Charlie - nice looking mallory - I like the way the brim edge adds a little visual weight.

Eric - I love that wanderer.

ManofKent

Thanks for all the comments on the last two hats of the week.

Cool but sunny today. After Monday's Tawny I went for the new Brown Fed IV:

I might go for the hat-trick and fit in the moonstone before the week is out.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I might go for the hat-trick and fit in the moonstone before the week is out.

I might check out the Australian stock market before sunrise. Maybe Akubra shares is worth looking into at the moment :D

Congratulations with the new duo, Richard. You're blessed with the ability to wear a stingy as well as a broad brim and look equally sharp. It's nice to see you with a little more canopy :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Ole: ;) Akubra Hats Pty Ltd is a private company located in Kempsey, NSW, Australia. It was established in 1874.

I did ask an investment advisor about investing in milners. They advised against it and fashion in general. So, in a round about way, I got it on record that hats are fashionable from Berkshire Hathaway. In a weak economy, I ascribe to a Warren Buffet position in investing, http://money.msn.com/investment-advice/buffetts-7-best-stocks-today-brush.aspx?cp-documentid=6836571 .

Buyer beware of course. :D

Best, Eric -

Hückel (Weilheim) Chevreau

9806267403_bd9c349336_c.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Eric: Actually it wasn't my idea to put all five bucks in the same company. I intended to spread my investment a bit, but if you say so, I'll find something else to spend them on. Maybe the last soft ice of the season ... Hmmmm ...?!??!!! :D

Steve: You must have invested in a barn or two to store all those fantastic Germans you're showing us. I just surfed through the Mayser thread under German Hat Companies on the site in your signature. That site has material enough to keep a person occupied for a couple of years. Great stuff - tons of images with very informative copy!

ManofKent, Akubra should pay you for that photo to use on their website. Seriously. :cool:

No brag, just fact...

Steve that Huckel is a color that perfectly pairs with a plethora of palettes... Love it!

Joao you wear that J.D. well, sir! Great hat for you.

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy - Looks good - is the felt finish that different from the Fed Imperials? I'm quite tempted for a hat to put a lower diamond crease in (went with a centre crease on all three feds) - is the crown high enough?

The felt is lighter and softer than the Fed. Closer to a Stylemaster, but with a better sweat. The crown is around 5.5" open, and a diamond would be possible, but it would be a tight fit. I tried a teardrop and I felt the crown was just too low, so went with center crease.

Joao , the distillery of Jack Daniel is only a couple hours drive from my house, I have been there a few times. There is a statue of JD himself there wearing that hat. It is a very neat look for you. (JD has a beard as well)
So many good ones today guys VSs and Akubras and the mallory and beautiful German. And TJones you are rocking that cap. I am looking forward to some cap weather here soon.
SBG - the shoes, man, the shoes. I love 'em, and that wanderer is perfect. I aspire to own a hat of that calibre one day (and some two tone loafers)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

ManofKent

Steve - that's a real beauty again. I'm really enjoying the German hats.

Joao - that looks great on you.

Jared - cool photo.

Andy - thanks for the info - it might be a little low with my big head.

---------------------

Thanks for all the comments on the Fed. I wonder what proportion of the Hattery's business comes from this forum?

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice shot Jared. I haven't crossed the new span yet. There have been a couple of periods in my work career that I've crossed that bridge every day for several years in a row.

Getting in late for Wednesday. I've been so busy I've almost lost track of what day it is. But I haven't forgotten a hat.

Yesterday--Adam Executive. Today, late '40s early '50s Stratoliner. I look pretty tired in the second shot. It's been a long day.
photo11_zps558ecc54.jpg

photo2-23_zps0805861c.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Gents! As usual you guys don't disappoint. Wonderful collection of lids!

SBG, that VS Wanderer is one nice lid my friend, and you wear it well.

MoK, you're a Fed IV guy for sure! You look like you could have played a Scotland Yard detective from a 30's-40's British movie. The Fed is a good look on you my friend.

mayerswegener, very nice Huckel. Love the ribbon work.

Joao Encardado, my friend, that is one awesome woolie! That style is a good look for you. I don't care much for Black hats but Westerns are an exception, and that one looks exceptionally good on you!

g.durand, Nice Stratoliner! I've been trying to get one of those but someone else who must have pockets full of money always outbids me! I may have to breakdown and buy of those Hatco Stratoliner reproductions.

DJH, that is one nice Penman! Love the color!

Orangegrad, that is one nice Royal stetson my friend! I see you've got a good start on the beard!

My apologies if I've missed anyone.

On this overcast morning from Central Ohio I'm wearing my OR looking Royal Stetson...

rt3l.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for the double post. I seem to be having some difficulty.

Good morning Gents! As usual you guys don't disappoint. Wonderful collection of lids!

SBG, that VS Wanderer is one nice lid my friend, and you wear it well.

MoK, you're a Fed IV guy for sure! You look like you could have played a Scotland Yard detective from a 30's-40's British movie. The Fed is a good look on you my friend.

mayerswegener, very nice Huckel. Love the ribbon work.

Joao Encardado, my friend, that is one awesome woolie! That style is a good look for you. I don't care much for Black hats but Westerns are an exception, and that one looks exceptionally good on you!

g.durand, Nice Stratoliner! I've been trying to get one of those but someone else who must have pockets full of money always outbids me! I may have to breakdown and buy of those Hatco Stratoliner reproductions.

DJH, that is one nice Penman! Love the color!

Orangegrad, that is one nice Royal stetson my friend! I see you've got a good start on the beard!

My apologies if I've missed anyone.

On this overcast morning form Central Ohio I'm wearing my OR looking Royal Stetson...

rt3l.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic