Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good evening Gents! All you guys are looking great!

Alan, nice Stetson. I don't care much for Black hats but that one's an exception. A real gem my friend.

hatsRme, love the thin ribbon Vita Felt! Nice! Really nice!

dh66, the stingy definitely suits you my friend.

MoK, love the Knox! But I have to say you scored BIG with the Fed IV though. I was really impressed with how well you looked wearing it.

On this cool evening from Central Ohio and once again, I'm wearing my cheap DP officially licensed wool Indy,(that didn't look like an Indy hat), which I reshaped. (I also took off the ribbon that was on it and replaced with a thin ribbon).I can't help it guys. I have real nice fur felts I can wear but for some reason I like this cheap woolie!...

2le4.jpg

kbfm.jpg

Last edited:
TJones that hat has "the look" my friend. It works well on you, and being a wool, you can rough it up a little without worrying about ruining a substantial investment

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Great showings, all!
HatsRme, love the VitaFelt, and the Pendleton shirt has got me covetous.
SBG, Bowlerman, Orangegrad, Dgh, Casechopper, MoK - I really can't believe you own so many gorgeous tops. Surely you're fighting for storage with your significant others?!

Wearing my new treasure once more before sending it off to Johnny C for a sweatband - a Class of 1919 navy blue newsboy. I donned the appropriate specs for the occasion - 1905 gutta-percha frames.
View attachment 4361 View attachment 4362

Outstanding. There's just something about having a piece of the past. I think it transcends all cultures and is a deep rooted thing that sets human beings apart.

Of course. Is this Sterkowski the hat maker in Poland? Been on my radar lately, if so, and would like to see the goods in action.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Gents! Starting off with a nice little collection this morning!

Orangegrad, that particular wool felt doesn't seem as heavy as a fur felt. But it does seem to be a bit warmer though...That's the Sydney you're wearing? I've been giving that hat some serious consideration. How's the felt on that? Does it hold its shape pretty well after it's bashed? Is there any taper to the crown? I like that hat.

dh66, thanks my friend. I appreciate the positive comment on my DP woolie.

Suffsmith, love the Newsboy! Very nice cap indeed! 1919 was the year that Jack Dempsey took the Heavyweight title from champion Big Jess Willard in the most brutal four rounds in Heavyweight Boxing history. My wife's Great-Grandmother was Jack Dempsey's Aunt who was either a sister to Devil Anse Hatfield himself or to one of the Hatfield boys who was a participant in the Hatfield / McCoy feud.

DJH, Very nice Whippet! I love those hats!

For me on this very chilly morning from Central Ohio I'm wearing my City Sport Donegal Wool Newsboy...

dwum.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
TJones - that is one fine cap.

The Sydney/Fedora is a really nice lid. It has less taper than most modern fedoras. A full 2.5 inch brim. This particular one holds its shape extremely well. The fur is not as soft as my 50s Stetsons or modern Borsos. it's extremely comfortable.

The sweat seems to be an upgrade from the standard Imperial sweat.

I wasn't all that fond of the colors that are sold in the US as the Sydney, and happened to find an un-used Australia Market Fedora on ebay for around $50, so that's what I have. I like purchasing from Trudi at the Hattery in Katoomba. I tend to prefer the Australia market Akurbas more than what David Morgan brings over.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on my last few posts. I've been pretty busy and haven't been able to thank each person who commented individually but I do read what you write and appreciate it.
VS Max
IMG_8381.JPG

IMG_8383.JPG

LOVE the Max, Sam! Super look for you today, my friend.

ALL great hats men (or women, as the case may be)!

Today (somewhere) it must be MALLORY MERCREDI (Wednesday)!!
Here's mine...

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Suffsmith; Oh yea!

Andy; Looking sharp sir. Felt weather is upon your backyard.

Dh66; Thanks for the comments. I do like how your hats are apropriate to your weather, even inside weather.

David; The Whippet is choice! Something about the lines and dimensions of that hat always cacth your eye and the color shapers the eye. Love the hat.

TJ; You can certainly wear a variety of lids. Nice cap on a chilly morning.

Sam; Nice jacket and hat combo this morning.

Hatsrme; Mallory time on the coast this morning. Always looking classy. Hey, no Pendleton today. Your recent shirt was handsome. I too have some vintage Pendletons shirts that happen to have one owner.

Heading out in the rainy afternoon and evening in my VS Wanderer. The light weight silverbelly felt and removable liner will be tested as the temps change from the upper 50'F to forecast 83'F.

IMG_6181-S.jpg
IMG_6186-S.jpg

Misty rain here I come, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic