Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for the Borsalino comments.

Alan, I was surprised no one had bought this one earlier - fantastic hat and Nik's pricing was a great deal.

Here is what it looks like with me underneath it...

smugshot_4249828-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for the Borsalino comments.

Alan, I was surprised no one had bought this one earlier - fantastic hat and Nik's pricing was a great deal.

Here is what it looks like with me underneath it...

David good for you! The new fedora and the jacket are looking sharp. I am very pleased that you picked up Nik's hat as it works very well for you. The fine felt and ribbon work make that easily wearable.

Eric -

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Wow ... this is like taking a leak during a 100 meter dash. Even if you hurry, you're hopelessly behind when the zipper is closed! So many beautiful hats make it close to impossible to follow the pace and comment on all :)

Eric: The color scheme of your Flagship picture is (as always) very tasteful - and the hat is beyond stunning!

CC: Great longhair. Appropriate choice for waiting for Santa's all too soon arrival.

David: Wonderful Borso! I really like the homburg-like binding technique. I guess I'll have to have a word with Nik, though. If you offer candy to one person in the classroom - you should offer candy to all. He really should learn that! :D

Alan: Your nutria blows me off my feet! I would never have the courage to wear it, but the two of you really suit each other. If only I was a little more courageous - and owned a hat like that :)

Alan: Your nutria blows me off my feet! I would never have the courage to wear it, but the two of you really suit each other. If only I was a little more courageous - and owned a hat like that :)

Really not a hard hat to wear... harder to take off. Modest western dimensions, the brim extends less than three inches on the sides. It came with a 2" black ribbon, which might have been a replacement. I removed it for a narrow horsehair band.

clearnutria12.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking sharp, MOK. Are those trousers vintage or can one actually order them today?

Believe it or not they're from H&M last winter. A friend on another forum gave me a heads up - cheap, but wool, reasonably well made and wash well - I picked up a couple of pairs. I must have a look this winter to see if they have anything similar.

ManofKent

Richard; Hat looks GREAT! I do like the outfit and especially the snappy shoes. Keep the spectators dry by doing plumbing in other shoes.

Mon_zpsdfc9f26d-Th.jpg

Eric -

Thanks Eric. They're dry and the colours are pretty much true to life :) Tricker's Keswick - double leather soled and as solidly a built shoe as any from Northampton. I love Tricker's but the cost makes hats seem inexpensive... The colours extend the spectator wearing season a bit (I can't see me wearing my brown & white Churchs again this year).

ManofKent

And on to hats...

Andy - it's a great colour that taupe.

Charlie - nice stingy! Again a great colour.

Jeff - Another fine Lords hat. I keep looking out for a vintage one in my size, but they're not common. I love all the bowler/homburg/lords hat family, and there are definitely blurred edges as to which member a hat falls into :)

David - that's a gorgeous Borsalino. Looks great on as well :)

Sam - Nice hairy - they suit you.

Eric - Lovely wanderer and the Stetson flagship is a real beauty, especially that ribbon.

Alan - You look great in that nutria - you've got quite a collection.

Alan, your lovely wife can run her fingers through your hat today.

Since it IS TAR Tuesday, I changed (dramatically) to my Used-to-be-Lefty's VitaFelt. Somewhat vintage (c1980) Pendleton board shirt. I say somewhat because I bought it new, so it can't be that old...

Last edited:
That's a great western Alan. You look ready for some cooler weather.
Your furry one looks great as well Casehopper.
B-man your Lords hats suit you very well. They have a very old west vibe without being so stereotypically western.
DJH that's a beauty of a Borsalino.
Orangegrad I like you como too, its hard to beat a hat in such a versatile color.
SBG your Stetson and VS are tight as usual.
HatsrMe you look ready for Vegas in that VS. Nice swoop to the brim.
Bigfitz - I have no idea as to the true vintage of my OR. I bought it 5 or6 years ago, the seller said 60s, but the size tag has Eur. & U.S. sizes so I suspect newer, however; the felt,although quite stiff, is very thin and light. The new ones I have seen are much heavier. It also is 4X and most of the really older ones are 3x I think.
Also my frames are Shuron
Lastly, ManofKent, those are indeed some nice shoes

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

And for my hat today, Dobbs milan. I enjoyed a little time in the OR yesterday, but the reality is that summer is far from over in Alabama

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran