Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hatsme; Love the VS. That color felt is very versatile. When I get another dove felt from Art I need to get some dark ribbon like your hat. That is sharp.

Andy; Your VS is coming. The anticipation is noticable. Good for you. The choices you have made will give you a fedora that will accompany you on your many adventures over many years. Worth waiting for. Be assured, no buyers remorse has occured at my house.

Case; Looking sharp sir. Well hatted father, IMO. I do really like the cap. Give our best wishes to new child and mom.

B.Fitz; The hat gives you some additonal height and gives you the class of a "big rancher." I think you wear it well.

This morning I have been out in my VS shara colored felt fedora. The hat is gorgeous, but really hard to capture in a pic.

IMG_6137-S.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:
Good looking O.R. sir. I'm partial to the cattlman crease in them myself.
HrM that's a gorgeous VS
Great Akubras O.G. & casehopper. You guys wear them so well, they should put you on the payroll

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Short Balding Guy, cool to see you wear your sahara vs, your first one if I remember it right. It was inspiration for me to also get my first vs in sahara

Borsalino Nutria XX featherweight

091613.jpg

RLK sent the Chicago rain to me today... thought I'd brighten it up with one of the fine hats I've gotten from his remarkable collection. :cool:

falis

New in Town
We were NEIGHBORS! Lots of friends and luntzmen (sp?) in Sharon.

The pastrami thing started as a challenge about four years ago, and has taken on a life of its own. it is indeed a labor of love, but one from which the only cure is MORE of the same. Once you get your recipe and technique down, you'll never buy it again. I can never go back to Maxi's Deli.;)

Unless you're ever in the area, Orange, then we'll HAVE to meet at Maxi's!!

Do you start with a fresh brisket or use corned beef as the base? I do the former, and do use juniper berries too. But my wife doesn't care for pastrami, so it's a rare event.

- Ed

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, Eric, BigFitz, Sam, Andy, Charlie, Jeff, g-durand, Robert, Smooth and Richard, wow,
great photos and fantastic hats. You all look very sharp!
Thanks for the comments on yesterday, guys!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Smoothsailor; The sahara is a felt color that needs for celebration. I do love your hat and they jaunty way you wear it. It does not go by unrecognized by me when you post a pic of it. Thanks.

Alan; Terrific light weight felt fedora. The brim up works very well with the hat. Your light weight vintage collection is stunning. Museum quality in variety and condition IMO.

Late morning and I was heading back to the gym. My VS dove went with the dogs and I for a walk.

IMG_6145-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie - great hat on head, and some nice looking ones in the background too.

Andy - the beaded band suits the style of hat. Nice work.

Sam - 'snap' on the Sunday morning choice. A great weekend of hats.

Bigfitz - It's not a crease I'd wear in the UK, but it does look good.

Eric - if that Sahara looks even better in life than the picture, it's a real beauty. It looks great in the pic. Nice Dove too.

Alan - great looking Borso. I think Robert needs to start buying up some 7 1/2's before selling them on :)

Alan I really like the shape of the brim on that hat. The color is very nice too, looks very versatile.

SBG that is a nice VS. Your hats always look immaculately cared for.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ain't too shabby for starting the week, fellas!
Hrme, great colors on thAt one.
Orangegrad, great one! Nice work on the band. IMO that's exactly what black hats need, just a narrowish splash of something not black.
Eric, so classy, sir! Of course I am not surprised.
Richard, good to see you're liking that Fed. Looks really sharp.
Alan, that is just awesome. I have no better words for that borso at the moment.
Sam, excellent montage, man. You've really hit something sweet with these modified campdraft s. The Knox fits right in, and the cap is one of the neatest I've seen. Very cool.
Steve, I can always count on you for those sweet German/Austrian lids. Nice!
Big fitz, like others here, I think that open road looks really fantastic as is, with the cattleman and the brim snapped down. It's hard to go wrong with those!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Started the day in my falcon park lawless repro, and after a shower and a shave, this Stephen Stetson Lord's hat or soft bowler with a raw brim. I like to wear it with a front pinch, too low for a top crease.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Charley - very Lovey Dovey today!

Andy - the Akubra with the beads is rather cool.

Sam - nice weekend and start of week hats.

BigFitz - the Cattleman crease and snapped brim are working well together.

Eric - great looking Sahara & Dove VS's. Are you enjoying the cooler weather?

Alan - super Borsalino.

Richard - that is a great look for you. You wear the Fed IV very well.

Steve - I love the ribbon on the Wegener.

Jeff - cool hats from your collection.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Back home in New Hampshire after the weekend in Philadelphia, felt hat weather for sure!

Stetson 7X Clear Beaver Quality

smugshot_3899154-L.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto