Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Andy, Yes, but I dont know how much! As Steve mentioned, that is a rarely German production, probably in the 50s, Stetson Stratoliner by Mayser.
Whether it is a special or custom hat I dont know, I never saw an other German black Stratoliner!

Chepstow & SBG those are fine looking Stetsons.
Great bowler slim, it works well with the pencil thin stache.
MW that is a nice velour.
Bowlerman you have an impressive collection. A 3 hat day is a good day indeed.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats over the weekend folks - too many for individual comments. I'll try and keep up with the thread this week (my excuse is I've been dealing with a flooded kitchen - as soon as one pipe was fixed another sprung a leak - trying to avoid replacing the lot, as that would mean ripping out the kitchen :( )

Friday before I got home to rising waters (Dunn & co English Velour):

Saturday after the plumber had fixed the second leak (Christy's Melton):

Sunday morning, returning from picking up some silicone self amalgamating tape to try and seal a pin-prick leak on a joint (newly arrived and bashed Akubra Fed IV):

The kitchen seems to be drying out...

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
vs slverbelly for me today
IMG_0052_edited-1_zps557325fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0055_edited-1_zps4398c82a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Beautiful silverbelly Sailor.

MoK you have my sympathies. I know how much plumbers can cost (I am one). Great looking set of hats, though. At least you came through it with style. btw - hope the tape holds

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Slim, the bowler looks great on both of you.
Eric, beautiful shade of grey on that lid!
Richard, all three are beauties. You are such a versatile hat wearer. Very nice!
Great nutria Robert! I wish those were more abundant. Looks like it takes the rain well.
Smoothsailor, you OWN that look. Beautiful vs!
G. Durand, sweet vintage straw Dobbs. How long will it stay warm out in the bay area?
Manfred, I love the black strat! Makes me envious!

Knox twenty custom edge:
yhapupyd.jpg

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

ManofKent

Beautiful silverbelly Sailor.

MoK you have my sympathies. I know how much plumbers can cost (I am one). Great looking set of hats, though. At least you came through it with style. btw - hope the tape holds

Thanks - I'm confident the tape will hold - the remaining leak was literally a pin prick size and it's now wrapped in a heavy layer of silicone, the worry is one of the remaining bits of old pipe will now spring a leak. The plumber has replaced just about all the accessible pipework with plastic, but there are short stretches where removing kitchen units is the only way to realistically replace it. Whoever put in the old pipework seems to have used the thinnest walled copper I've ever seen... At least a concrete floored kitchen is probably the best room to have leaks in if you have to have them...

Thanks for everyone else s wishes.

---------------------------------------------------

Smoothsailor - great hat, and a great photo with your daughter

Robert - nice nutria in the elements

g.d. - Lovely straw. I think we're well past straw weather here.

jeff - Beautiful knox - I like the ribbon proportions

--------

Orangegrad

Practically Family
hatsrme - every time I see a VS I start to think about my Wanderer that should arrive within a couple months. I can hardly wait. I do like the Dove color with the black ribbon. Very nice contrast.

This early Snowy River arrived with a thin black ribbon, not the leather band that is provided today. The ribbon wasn't even noticeable, as it is the same color as the felt. So I decided to go with a Navajo theme. The main stone is malachite, with some lapis included - along with ghost beads (dried juniper berries). I'm not sure this is perfect, but it's a start.

View attachment 4304

View attachment 4305

Au contraire, Andy, my friend... that beaded "ribbon" is fantastic for that hat, sir! Great work.

I use juniper berries as one of the many spices in my secret, home-made (on the Weber charcoal grill) pastrami. Just 4-5 berries, as they add a lot of flavor.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Au contraire, Andy, my friend... that beaded "ribbon" is fantastic for that hat, sir! Great work.

I use juniper berries as one of the many spices in my secret, home-made (on the Weber charcoal grill) pastrami. Just 4-5 berries, as they add a lot of flavor.

My first attempt at making any jewelry. I suspect five years from now I'll look back on that band and laugh. But still, it's a start.

You make home-made pastrami! That sounds fantastic. I think that my body is approximately 40% pastrami and corned beef, and 60% kosher dills.

By the way, I grew up in Sharon, spent my summers in Dennis and Hyannis. I do miss New England.

We were NEIGHBORS! Lots of friends and luntzmen (sp?) in Sharon.

The pastrami thing started as a challenge about four years ago, and has taken on a life of its own. it is indeed a labor of love, but one from which the only cure is MORE of the same. Once you get your recipe and technique down, you'll never buy it again. I can never go back to Maxi's Deli.;)

Unless you're ever in the area, Orange, then we'll HAVE to meet at Maxi's!!

Last edited:

casechopper

Friday afternoon: Akubra Campdraft:
IMG_8117.JPG

IMG_8232.JPG

Saturday Morning: Knox Superfine
IMG_8238.JPG

Saturday afternoon: Wide ribbon silverbelly campdraft
IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8291.JPG

Sunday Morning: Akubra Federation IV
IMG_8306.JPG

Sunday afternoon: Rarely worn Donnegal tweed cap
IMG_8310.JPG

IMG_8309.JPG

Today: Wide ribbon glen grey Campdraft
IMG_8347.JPG

IMG_8349.JPG

Orangegrad

Practically Family
We were NEIGHBORS! Lots of friends and luntzmen (sp?) in Sharon.

The pastrami thing started as a challenge about four years ago, and has taken on a life of its own. it is indeed a labor of love, but one from which the only cure is MORE of the same. Once you get your recipe and technique down, you'll never buy it again. I can never go back to Maxi's Deli.;)

Unless you're ever in the area, Orange, then we'll HAVE to meet at Maxi's!!

Would love to get to Maxi's. If you're ever in Cleveland, we'll go to Corky and Lenny's.

BigFitz

Practically Family
This Open Road arrived the other day. It's a rather modern iteration that I was planning on putting a diamond bash in, but it is very stiff. I decided to just turn the brim down in front. I think it looks good, even with the Cattleman crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko