Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; Excellent hat choice for a trip. As to Las Vegas, when I have traveled to the city on business I am always anxious to get home.

David; Enjoy your business trip. A guilty pleasure are the great dining experiences in the city. Both you and Alan's pics of the rolling hats have me putting one on a list to look for.

Andy; Delicious hat sir! In the next pic, would you stage a bit more profile in order to showcase the ribbon work and the crown dimensions when worn.

Perry; You have your western on today. I like the jacket hat combo!

Case; Like Perry, nice jacket hat combo. I will take a cue and have to break out some jackets next week as the weather is cooling.

Mid morning home from work I took the dogs around the lake for a walk. Pretty Minnesota day. Wearing my VS bluesmoke fedora.

IMG_6242-M.jpg

Already back to work, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Hamilcar, Steve, thanks for the nice comments, gentlemen!

Alan, very nice portrait. That Boater is awesome. Interesting your roll up Borsalino with fabric sweatband.

G, great Hat and indeed no other choice. I would do the same if I had a beauty new hat like this!

Eric, a amazing collecting of excellent hats! Nice to see the bluesmoke on your head!

Blazerbud, nice photo. You look very relaxed and the hat too!

Jared, great look with the Homburg and sharp dressed for a wedding of course!

Hamilcar, perfect all the way!

Steve, a beauty in black. That old Habig steals newer hats the show!

Richard, the man in black. Perfect black in black with the Olney!

Sam, thanks for your kind words about the Homburg! I am late but it's a nice Cap, looks good and the right headgear to play around with the kids!
Nice combination today, Suit and hat looks great!

Perry, looks fantastic your killer black Stetson!

Andy, like the beard, looks good also with hat!

David, a genius idea to roll it in a box. Good that he flip in shape back without a damage!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - nice little Borso, I'm impressed by how small they'll go yet still bounce back.

Andy - That VS Wanderer was a great purchase - looks wonderful.

Perry - nice Stetson. I like black hats :)

Sam - Great modified Campdraft, and a nice look. My tweed is coming out of storage.

Eric - I think I envy your walk almost as much as the hat, and I envy that hat quite a bit :)

Alan - I love the brim sweep on that Borso. Very sharp!

Joao - Two very nice pieces.

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's effort. A tad more formal today - Failsworth bowler:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing one of my conversions. It used to be a Resistol Stagecoach cowboy hat. I wanted to make it into a reproduction of something you would have seen in the 1915-1918 period. (My favorite period in hats) It was VERY common for hats to have 6 inch, 6 1/8 inch or even 6 1/4 inch open crowns. These hats were commonly paired with 2 3/8, 2 1/4, or 2 1/8 inch brims which usually had a good amount of swing/curl to the brim.

After re-blocking and creasing this hat, its has a 6 1/8 inch open crown and a 2 1/8 inch brim. I used 2 1/8 inch ribbon and gave the brim a deep flange with a upward swing. I also pounced the hat to a very fine and smooth finish with 4 levels of sandpaper. Currently the highest point of the crown while creased is 5 1/2 inches tall.

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Today I'm wearing one of my conversions. It used to be a Resistol Stagecoach cowboy hat. I wanted to make it into a reproduction of something you would have seen in the 1915-1918 period. (My favorite period in hats) It was VERY common for hats to have 6 inch, 6 1/8 inch or even 6 1/4 inch open crowns. These hats were commonly paired with 2 3/8, 2 1/4, or 2 1/8 inch brims which usually had a good amount of swing/curl to the brim.

After re-blocking and creasing this hat, its has a 6 1/8 inch open crown and a 2 1/8 inch brim. I used 2 1/8 inch ribbon and gave the brim a deep flange with a upward swing. I also pounced the hat to a very fine and smooth finish with 4 levels of sandpaper. Currently the highest point of the crown while creased is 5 1/2 inches tall.

That's the specs I like. Suits you good

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
really nice all around! I agree with others, Josh-- that high crown really works for you as creased!

Buckaroo Sahara for me today:

1b48.jpg

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Nice Homburg, it's a good look on you.
CampDraft in Blue Grass Green. I don't dress up much either.
Jared, great look with the Homburg and sharp dressed for a wedding of course!
Jared - Neat homburg, and the bow tie looks fine - hand-tied bow ties should look hand-tied, too neat and you might as well go for a ghastly read tied one

Manfred, Blazerbud, thank you! Richard, cheers for the encouragement. Sure means a lot coming from such a dapper, well dressed gent like yourself.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
JAred and Blazerbud-- yesterday's pics are two of my favorites I've seen in awhile! nice!

Steve, now that I look at your homburg on my desktop computer, I have to agree with Jared, 100%. fine, fine fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy