Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Another great one, Bob.

When I got my first Open Road I fully expected to change the cattleman's crease to a C-crown, and then I put it on and came to my senses. That crease does look great as-is, and it's good to have one thin ribbon that way in the bunch.

Duck

Practically Family
BobC said:
Today's hat, another silverbelly thin ribbon. I didn't think I would like the cattleman, but it's growing on me. This one's a Resistol, and I like it.

IMG_0455.jpg
Nice hat, Bob. Those San Antonio's are very nice hats. I have a couple of them and really like them.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a "great hat" weekend! It looks like the cooler weather is bringing them all out! All you thin ribbon guys look great in your hats but I think its still a hanging offense to change the western style brim and crease on an OR here in Texas, so I won't try it...might shorten my Lounge tenure and stretch my neck considerably. Seriously, I do like the look of those ORs like that.

Gene, I love that old beater hat. Looks like you been building fence or working cattle in it for a while. You always have the coolest set-ups for your photos!

Indycop and Mrs.--Great look for the two of you; very striking.

And BobC, that cattleman's crease looks pretty good with the fedora brim! Can we convert you to a full western I wonder?

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
And BobC, that cattleman's crease looks pretty good with the fedora brim! Can we convert you to a full western I wonder?

Thanks, Mr. P. I bought this hat from the friend of a lounge member (thanks Steve and Jon), and it came to me with an open crown. As I began to fiddle with it the crown went to the cattleman's crease very easily, even dry. I'm sure it had been creased that way before, and I couldn't bring myself to change it.

I try to keep and open mind and I am very hat weak, but I'm honestly not sure about a full western.I've never worn one. There is one that could perhaps change my mind though:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33345&page=3&highlight=palerider

See Post #52 on this page for pictures. That one is an incredible looking hat and might have the power to steer me to a western hat. I've also seen a few others on Major Moore's website that I thought looked pretty good too.

www.buckaroohatters.com

Thanks Colby, rrog and Duck. I really like this one, but I haven't been able to convince myself to wear the front brim up.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Outside a restaurant. Look closely at my left arm (on right side), and you will see the skeleton of a flying fish with its wings stretched out. The fish was eaten raw as sashimi, and the bones can be deep fried and eaten as a snack or grilled and placed in warm sake! Behind that in a red bag hanging are onions...

SN3E00381-1.jpg

Mr. Paladin

BobC, I checked out the Eastwood hat on that post. Its definitely a great western style but with that one you gotta wear the gun outside your coat! I think you could easily pull off a western OR but then those folks there in Central Il. might look at you the same way folks here look at me when I wear my fedoras. Just tell them Paladin sent you. One of these days you should take the plunge...you might like it.

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
BobC, I checked out the Eastwood hat on that post. Its definitely a great western style but with that one you gotta wear the gun outside your coat! I think you could easily pull off a western OR but then those folks there in Central Il. might look at you the same way folks here look at me when I wear my fedoras. Just tell them Paladin sent you. One of these days you should take the plunge...you might like it.

I agree. That Palerider is definitely a gun slinger's hat, but I sure do like it. Perhaps you are right, a bit more conservative beginning is probably the key. I would love to add a vintage OR to my collection...it's a classic, and most of the posts I read don't speak too favorably of the new ones. One of these days I might take that plunge. One thing my age has taught me is never say never: it'll turn around and bite you every time.

RBH's Ranger is another fine looking western style hat. Have you seen it? Here's a link if you haven't.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33096&highlight=Ranger

Oh, and people here is central IL sometimes look at you funny if you wear any hat other than a baseball cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21