Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao
I love those trains, very nice pics & your Hats as well.
Ive been working with commuter trains for over 22 years & enjoy it highly !
Thanks. There is a commuter line that I love. Estoril line (or Cascais line). I had the pleasure to be allowed to drive the trains for a simulation program. With no experience, just 2 days of practice (2 to 3h a day) and I was able to make the timetable with less than a minute late.

Thanks for sharing. When I went to high school in the 1960s the Canarsie line was still running old cars... among the oldest on the NYC subways at that time. The conductors and controls for operating the doors were inside the passenger section of the car. The upholstered woven wicker seats were getting pretty chewed up by then, but I loved them.
Those cars suffered several renovations through the years until it was time to replace them with newer cars with air conditioned. Those original were double units and the newer are triple units allowing trains with 3 or 6 cars.

Sea Bass great Portis very nice RLK's hand-me-downs are great. I've been on a Resitol kick as of late. Thursday we had snow and 2 degree weather and it was my Resitsol Quicksilver
Good to see more westerns on TFL :D

Joao - thanks for sharing those photos - I'm glad they've kept them. This is a bit more on the Isle of Wight service - 75yr old rolling stock still in daily use
if you're ever in UK it's worth a visit. I wish I'd managed to get up to London for this last year.
I’ve been in the UK several years ago but I went mainly to Scotland’s Highlands and Isle of Skye. Only been one or two days in London because of the flight home or because we were changing trains to other parts of the UK.

Can't help it guys but I really like this Western! Had to wear it again this morning!
I think it looks good on you with or without smile. I hope you’ll be able to keep it.

I’m still wearing this old 4,5” brim Stetson. I think my hats with 3,5” brim are starting to look too narrow…

Mickey85

New in Town
Today, my Dorfman wool outback. I adore this hat - it's comfy cheap, warm and looks good! Plus, its good in the snow, apparently. Easily my favorite every day hat at the moment. (don't worry the snow was knocked off soon after these pics were taken)
IMAG0196-2.jpg

IMAG0197-2.jpg

Tomorrow, it's a wool knit fleece lined beanie with snowflakes on it...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
che, (very nice Champ, btw), bowlerman, Joao, thanks guys for the comments on my Western. hatguy, looks like that weather system will be hitting a lot of people. We'll be getting that same nasty weather here too.
Mickey, nice looking DP.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Great hats today gang. Mickey at 49.95 you can't beat the DP Outback and it comes in so many colors.
Today after Church I put on my Modern Era Stetsonian I really love this hat
20140105_183544_zpsd3y73czf.jpg

Jeff

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Joao:

Isle of Skye ? Great place, did you try the Scotch there? Talisker is one of the best single malts I've had.

I've never got as far north as Skye, but yes it's difficult to find a better Whisky, although the difficult to find Brora holds an equally high spot in my affection :)

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on the Vanzina
----

Che - lovely featherweight and you seem to have made quite a bond with that feathered friend.

Hatguy - with that weather I'd be going for whatever is warmest. Stay safe in the cold folks.

Mickey - the outback looks good.

Jeff - looks great - nice colour.

Roger - lovely VS, I really like the Pecan.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
@Joao:

Isle of Skye ? Great place, did you try the Scotch there? Talisker is one of the best single malts I've had.
No I didn't. And I've been there 3 times. People there is very very nice. First and second time my group were travelling with inter-rail tickets so we took the ferry in Mallaig to Armadale. From Armadale to Kyleakin by bus (bus driver made the trip for us as he was heading to Portree!). We were so broken up we just walked around and gone to sleep because we needed to wake up early to catch the train to Inverness in Kyle of Lochalsh. We slept on Kyleakin yostel.
The third time we decided to rent a car (that year it was cheaper to rent a car + gas than buying 4 inter-rail tickets as rules and prices changed). As the Kyleakin yostel was closed, we went to Broadford yostel. This time we used the Glenelg-Kylerhea ferry. As the car gives more freedom, we when for a drive. I know we've been in Portree, Kilmartin and Uig. We arrived at Broadford by night. We left Skye the next morning headed to Inverness.
By that time, my everyday hat that i wore for 3 or 4 years was this Stetson 4x
20051010.jpg

I've never got as far north as Skye, but yes it's difficult to find a better Whisky, although the difficult to find Brora holds an equally high spot in my affection :)
You should go. Now I only drink Jack Daniel's Old No 7 and by that time I had enough of whisky.

Last edited:
Just catching up this morning. Lots of great hats, and trains, and gallos. Looking forward to the week.

Stay warm.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Great shot and great hat, Charlie! In the Midwest today, I think it's time to wear some kind of wind-breaking helmet. It's 10 below without the wind!

Too funny, Aaron... my wife has been trying to get me to wear wind-breaking containment for years; as self preservation for her!

On the bright side for your neighborhood today, NO MOSQITOES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS