Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pw013-1.jpg

Champ today.

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
today was the 'Heisenberg' from Goorin Bros.. it runs a little large, and the opening is a little rounder than I would like, but having placed folded kitchen roll in the sides it stood up well to the blustery weather.. ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good CAM Gents (Cold A$$ Morning)!...in response to the "Right hat, right look" thread, this a "right hat for the weather" day...

Jed, the Stetsonian is a winner!
Rogera, Can't say enough good things about your pecan VS. I love everything about that hat! The color, the contrasting colored mid ribbon, the brim width, the crown height, and the crease! Very well done my friend!
Joao, I like that Stetson on you! It really looks good!
David, Your Dobbs 20 is a real stunner!
hatsRme, another nice VS, very nice!
hatophile, love the Champ! Nice look!

It's currently 15 degrees where I'm at on the outskirts of Columbus with a wind chill of -4. The temperature will continue to drop through out the day. So today on this windy cold a$$ morning it's not the right weather to be wearing a fedora outside here. So for the day I suited up and layered up in my cold a$$ weather clothes and cold a$$ weather hat....becareful out there Gents. Stay safe and dress appropriately...

g9a0.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice detail on the Starflower Andy.

Cut Down Akubra Squatter Today (photo taken just before attempting to start my car which was completely dead). After this I proceeded to charge the battery and get it started but was completely soaked by the rain while doing so. Currently at my desk drying out:
IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
TJ, right so, that looks warm, a good choice for the weather!

Andy, great Cap with splendid details!

Sam, sorry to hear that with your Car. I hope he is ready now to start, stay war and dry!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice, guys! Great shot with superb color today, Charlie!
Sam, does rain compromise the battery?
I'm battling the polar vortex out here today. Allegedly -52 F after wind chill. My heavy parka with the coyote ruff thankfully doubles as an igloo. I'm pretty sure I can fit my entire self into it and zip it up.

Here's a shot of my fedora super hero hat:
elw8.jpg

But this one didn't make it outdoors, so on went the Carmack. No problem as long as I'm out for only a couple minutes.
8mi9.jpg

casechopper

Sam, does rain compromise the battery?
Nope, my wife moving the car off the street due to the snow and leaving the lights on overnight compromises the battery ;) At least the cold hadn't arrived yet. It was 55 while I was charging it. Now it's 46 and on a rapid course down to 5 degrees for the low tonight.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
So today on this windy cold a$$ morning it's not the right weather to be wearing a fedora outside here.

Well, Borsalino offers this little fedora-pet @ just $1.570:

390285_big_390285.jpg

Please stay safe, guys. The forecasts certainly look dramatic these days. My best whishes go to all of you American members and your families

Last edited:
TJ, I have one of those at the ready for my chores tonight.
Great cap, Andy, we could call you Andy Capp!
The squatter looks good Sam, you'll be needing your coyote by tonight.
Jeff, I see you have a holey hat, but the Carmack is a definite winner.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Casechopper - is your Squatter the David Morgan version or the Australia market version? The only thing that keeps me from wearing mine more than I do is that the brim is so large. And I have other large brim hats. But on the Squatter it just feels too big. Like the rings of Saturn are around my head.

casechopper

Hi Andy,
I think it's an Australian market version. I'm not the first owner so I'm not 100% on this but it doesn't have the grommets on the sides and isn't lined which I believe are a couple of the signs of a David Morgan Akubra.

Casechopper - is your Squatter the David Morgan version or the Australia market version? The only thing that keeps me from wearing mine more than I do is that the brim is so large. And I have other large brim hats. But on the Squatter it just feels too big. Like the rings of Saturn are around my head.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Hi Andy,
I think it's an Australian market version. I'm not the first owner so I'm not 100% on this but it doesn't have the grommets on the sides and isn't lined which I believe are a couple of the signs of a David Morgan Akubra.

Yep, yours is the Australia version. Maybe I should consider cutting down the brim. Have to give it some thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace