Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wind chill is -14 right now here.
Coyote fur hat for today
IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

hatguy1

One Too Many
Impressive looking hats, gentlemen.

We're a balmy 9 degrees here this morning, but they're saying we're on our way to the upper 30s ("Havin' a heat wave...a tropical heat wave," ya right!) So I put the furry flop-eared hat up this morning and went with my version of "old faithful." I love this hat; it's warm, comfortable, was cheap and looks pretty good considering its age and inexpensiveness.

View attachment 8078

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Love the reno on that one.
Where did you source the sweatband? IT looks like a really nice one and I need one.

Thank you very much!

Believe it or not, I bought the sweatband from Panama Bobs ebay store. He sells them from time to time and by FAR they are the BEST modern sweats I have seen.

hatguy1

One Too Many
It does have an interesting story. One of my friends served in the Army as an MP in Kosovo. He had to respond to a shooting of a Russian soldier who was shot by a local father when said soldier came requesting his daughter's services. Unfortunately the soldier didn't survive, but my friend kept the hat. I know it's a little morbid, but it's a very warm hat, and it's my size which is why my friend have it to me. I actually had the hat for a couple of years before I found out the real story behind it. I'm surprised that even though the Soviet Union had been dissolved by then, the hat still had the Soviet shield on it.

That is a story. Maybe at the time, the former Soviet areas were so bankrupt they couldn't afford new uniforms/different insignia? Just a thought....

A great piece of provenance, Lataso.

Wow, Josh... Another sTUNNER!

Late here, maybe, but HOW COLD WAS IT?!?!?

I snuggled up into my parka with my VS Lite Sahara felt this morning. TOASTY!!

It was so cold around here today that the local "flasher" was only giving descriptions!

Thanks, hatguy1 and Ole. Yes, Ole; short descriptions, indeed! It has been a good day to just stay home and chill...

We be chillin', alright!!

Alan that photo really frosts me. NO HAT today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace