Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoney

Practically Family
Thanks Jimmy.
I have some pretty nice vintage hats , from Borsalino, Stetson ect, and a pure beaver one that I made myself . I think this Knox is superior to everythig else that I have owned. IMHO the only one that I own that can compare in both pliability and hand, to this one, is a Wright Mirakal Open Road clone that was most likely made in the late forties or early fifties. I think I remember seeing an available blue Wright Mirakal in a size too big for me... If I could just remember where that was.....lol happy hunting.

Stoney

FRANKIE

New in Town
Viper Man said:
:eusa_clap Great hats, guys! Today I'm wearing my Art Fawcett VS "Southtown"...

345597630.jpg
That's an absolute beauty. The whole look is good too.

Viper Man

Banned
Hey! Thanks for the compliments, gents. I love my pies and if I could afford to do it, I'd buy this same hat in every color Art offers. It is by far my favorite hat. Basically it is his "Uptown" model but with a shorter 2" brim and in featherweight Granite felt. It also sports a charcoal ribbon and can be seen with the brim up in my avatar picture.

The sunglasses are by "Anarchy", the scarf is from Eddie Bauer, and the wool coat is a Kenneth Cole Reaction (got it on clearance for $100!).

Thanks again!

I love the look of those Knox fedoras. I may have to check some out.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi,

This is the same Disney 15 hat, in a more frontal shot, and two detail photos - front and bird's eye. Also, one of those I took when I creased it C-crown style, for comparison.

PICT0814.jpg

DSCF7510.jpg

DSCF7511.jpg

PICT0625.jpg

(BTW, the detail ones were taken with a different -and better- camera I borrowed, and it shows! It is hard to believe it is the same hat! Nevertheless, the portrait photo shows the truer colour, a steel grey)

As you may see, the taper is more dissimulated now, with the new diamond crown. I also have softened the formerly very sharp frontal pinch; and have reduced the dome's height, which does not protrude up, over the diamond's borders, as it did before.

I think I like it better now! :)

Regards!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Alan, I have a duffle coat too, that I was hesitant to wear with fedoras, but looking at you I think I will reconsider my stance... ;)

IC, nice lid. Your incipient moustache will compliment it better when it is a little more grown...

Torpedo

One Too Many
For today, I donned one of my latest acquisitions, a J.C. Penney Marathon, which arrived timely enough for me to try to compete with IC! ;)

DSCF0895-1.jpg

(More photos in the "New Hats" thread if you're interested)

metropd

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Then (1880`s)

Christmas2008002-1.jpg

Now...at the same temple near my apartment (reconstructed though), in my VS camel

Christmas2008005-2.jpg

This must be the first stingy brim I have ever liked, it tells me you sure know how to wear a hat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
That`s very kind of you, appreciate it! I guess different brims suit different faces. I think you know how to wear yours too...always suits you very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner