Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Steve - beautiful German Stetson.

Dale - definitely falls into the stingie brim camp ;)

ebonysw45 - very nice Legend. Are the Legends still in production?

Mike - nice photo with the ipad. Someone rejected that! :eeek:

Nigel - we don't see many Bronco's on here. The band works well.

ebonysw45

One of the Regulars
The legends are made for the Strand Hatters in Sydney much like the fed IV is made for the Katoomba hattery. It does fit a little looser than my Fed IV. I wear a 56 in both but could not get away with a 55 for the legend, so keep that in mind if you did want to get one.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the BSHW compliments guys. I should point out the hat was rejected because the color wasn't right but through good fortune I love it.

Mike, I missed that! Fantastic! You will need to post a side view.

Steve, this is for you:

12310714043_615754d1e4_c.jpg

Neophyte

Haha, well I have been in some internships and now have a job in a lab while I'm waiting to hear back from graduate schools. I had no money for hats for quite a while and just kinda fell of TFL with nothing to contribute. Now that I have this job, though, that may change lol. Just spoke with a man here in Knoxville yesterday who was wearing an Akubra Territory, and I have to say, the hat bug is starting to bite again.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Definitely a nice 25/OR, David. But it's odd, as much as I love mine, I rarely wear it. I like the style better on other people. Yours is a nice lid.
Perry, Stetson is always a good choice.

For me today it's a Beaver Brand American Legend. Not the greatest hat in the world. Not the best felt. Not the best sweat or liner. But it doesn't look too bad for all that.

View attachment 10194

View attachment 10195

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Man, everybody is looking so sharp. I'm loving these wide brims and westerns. I hope to comment more later from a real keyboard.

Yesterday we had a much needed respite from the relentless subzeroes. We passed 50 degrees and I took a country drive with my Windows down, welcoming the bluster. Along with me came my Stetson No. 1 quality. I think she had a good time too.

The last photo was an attempt to imitate the new depp pose, but I just couldn't find a lady to pose with me, so use your imagination. ;)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Neophyte

Ah, Jeff, that No. 1 certainly lives up to the nomenclature. Beautiful felt and colors, great shape, awesome.

Case, that Greta has a sharp profile. Liking it with the coat.

John Galt

Vendor
TJones - won't get to it till I find a decent rounding jack. Don't want to think what would happen if I used scissors.

You could use a sliver of soap to mark it and cut it with an exacto. When you pounce the edge it will hide a lot of little issues. Note that I did carefully cut 1/8 off the sides of TJ's Indy conversion with a set of high end seamstress' scissors never used to cut anything but cloth/felt. It worked well, with no bad flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183