Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hatguy1 - I need a wine-tasting hat (and a beer sampling hat) :) Looks like you're enjoying yourself.

David - Nice Penman. We might not have the choice of mass-produced hats people once had, but we're blessed with some fine custom hat makers.

Rick - I'll forgive the ball-cap in honour of the occasion ;) How did he do?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Imperial was another name used in Stetson's fifteen dollar price bracket, along with Stetson Fifteen and Stetson 3X Beaver Quality. The suede finish felt and whipstitch detailing was used in a model advertised as the Tijuana. I've had a couple - both with 2 3/4" whipstitched brims and a self ribbon with whipstitch on the top of the band. There were likely other variations, though none seem to have been as popular as the Gay Prince from Dobbs - at least they seem to appear less frequently today. Does your brim edge appear to be original? Inside photos would help to determine whether it is from the 1940s or 1950s.

I'm familiar with the Imperial. I just haven't seen very many Imperials with the Suede Finish, and I haven't seen that style before in the Imperial. I've seen that finish and style more often in 3Xs and in Royal Deluxes. There's nothing I see which would indicate that the raw edge brim on this hat is anything else but original. Where you stated that the felted bands on your hats were whipstitched around the top, mine is whipstitched around the bottom, and the lack of whipstitching around the brim edge is a variation of the style I've never seen before. The color is also something I haven't seen. It's a grey color with purplish undertones. It's a beautiful hat. I wish my camera could pick up the color...Here's a few pics of the liner and sweat. The 2 inch sweat band is a caramel color and is very soft. The liner is very good quality and there is no plastic cover over the logo. In the upper left hand corner of the shield in the liner's logo there's a grouping of stars....the interior of the hat is very clean. I was guessing mid to late 1940s. It doesn't look like this hat was worn very much at all.

Imp_06.jpg

Imp_05.jpg

Imp_08.jpg

Imp_04.jpg

Miamibruno, Richard, dh66, thanks guys for the comments on my Imperial.

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Put on my new Dobbs Panama for the first time...

254FFC70.jpg

It came in pretty beat up, but after some steam and patience I shaped it to my liking. I'm probably going to swap out the pug; it has some stains and I'm not too fond of the color.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - nice finish on that Stetson. If I come across a flat brimmed 4" western/fedora hybrid I might give that a try ;)
That finish is amazing and I want to see how it handles rain. What have you done with the Stagecoach? Have you tried it?

Joao, be careful with that furry animal on your head. It might get hungry :) . It is spectacular, though.
It's eating my wallet!!

Joao I like the furry Stetson. It looks great with your beard and leather jacket.
Thanks!!

For today a hat I didn't wear for years. It was the first hat I bought and by the time it was tight so I got a Stetson one 1 size larger, because I had long hair (and had more) it spend a lot of time in the box, so I gave another try and now it fits nice.
A 4x beaver Resistol "Dillon"
20140322.jpg

TJ I can photograph black hats really nice. Better you send that black Stagecoach so I can takes pictures of it lol

jessapar22

New in Town
Hi guys, I am new here and I'm having trouble finding where I can post a question about my vintage fedora?!! It's in perfect condition, it has a millinery workers stamp and has been registered. I'm pretty sure it's from the 1940's, and it's made by Morrison Hats. The color is a dark chocolate and size is 7 3/8 and I'm almost certain it's beaver. If one of you gentleman could help me, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks so much -- Jess

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Hi guys, I am new here and I'm having trouble finding where I can post a question about my vintage fedora?!! It's in perfect condition, it has a millinery workers stamp and has been registered. I'm pretty sure it's from the 1940's, and it's made by Morrison Hats. The color is a dark chocolate and size is 7 3/8 and I'm almost certain it's beaver. If one of you gentleman could help me, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks so much -- Jess

Welcome! I think this thread should help. Photos are a must when it comes to needing dating help.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Place-to-Discuss-the-Age-of-Your-Vintage-Hat)

O.G. The thin ribbon B. and the bolo are a great pairing. Super sharp (and wanting a road trip - causing)
G.D. very nice looking Lee, and the milan is outstanding. Getting that time again. I gave a little headtime to the milan yesterday myself, sorry no pic.
Roger you are a natural im that black Stetson. Looks great.
Richard you are owning that 8 panel and rocking a great look all around. Definately someone not to be trifled with in that alley:D
Hatguy - Cheers! A new one on the head is always a great feeling.
Classic looking Penman DJH
Still a beauty T.J.
RClark you're a good dad. My oldest son mentioned an interest in baseball, but I told him we can't do that AND karate, so for now (at least) he's opted to stay in karate, which is good because the dance lessons for my girls is putting enough hurting on my hat buying habit
A-n-A that's a great looking Panama. It's about to come in handy.
Looking sharp Gear-guy. Nice shirt.
Another killer western/leather look Joao.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great to be seeing more straw hats, guys - can't wait for straw hat weather up this way. AnA - I think that pug color looks great on the hat.

Garrison Hatters Raiders hat for me this Sunday morning

smugshot_2794133-L.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
AnA - I think that pug color looks great on the hat.

It's a solid combo, it does go well together. However, I'm looking for a little more flair. Thus, I will search out for a dark color with stripes and/or dots. I know Mike just listed a bunch on the classifieds, so I've reached out to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart