Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Afternoon Gents! Nice start to a Sunday afternoon so far...

A'n'A, I like the Panama. I think the color of the pug looks like a nice match too. I wonder what a pug cut from an old Hawaiian shirt would look like?
g.durand, the Milan straw looks like a good sign that Spring weather's right around the corner.
Andy, I like your Royal Stetson. That's a nice one.
David, The Garrison looks great. I think his version looks to be the more screen accurate of the custom made Raiders fedoras.
Banky, I have no love for Black fedoras either...But that new Strat looks nice.

Inspired by a picture that gtdean posted of a Stetson Wanderer, I tried my hand at converting one of my Open Roads and added a contrasting Dark Brown mid-ribbon and bow for a Wanderer look...

Wanderer_01.jpg

OR_Hybrid_02.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
TJ - yes, David Garrison does a very nice job with those Raiders hats and they are a great deal too.

I'd like to get another at some point - a Crystal Skull version in Silverbelly with matching ribbon. Leaning towards Mr. Penman for that one!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AnA - nice Panama. Personally I like that colour Pug

gear-guy - nice hat (and shirt)

Lovely colour to that straw g.d.

Joao - nice looking Resistol - it's amazing what a difference a hair cut makes. I've taken the band off the Stagecoach (in the post), ironed the brim flat and re-blocked the crown (not easy when the block is shorter than the crown height), but I'm still trying to decide on the best crease to reduce the crown height before I trim the brim (I don't think I've got the shoulders for 4" brims).

Andy - lovely looking Stetson. I like that colour.

David - Great Garrison

Reggie - It looks good. Everyone needs a few black hats :)

Terry - you've done a good job on that ribbon replacement. I like it.

Mike - that's a very good looking conversion.

---

Cold today, time for the lined leather. RM Williams/Akubra.

Thanks for the comments on the cap. Dale - Alley? I'll have you know it's full blown lane of disrepute :)

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
dh, Richard, and T Jones, thanks for the comments on the Lee and the Milan from yesterday.

Andy, David, Reggie, T Jones, Mike and Richard, all of you are looking good today.

I'm wearing the VS lightweight and shirtsleeves this afternoon. Ah, spring. But rain and cooler temperatures are on the way back this week, so felt weather continues.

photo-117_zpsb5c81ee0.jpg

Rogera

We had a little cool weather blow in so I got out my early 60's Stetson for church this evening.

I wore my Pecan VS this morning, just no pics

ManofKent

TJones - 4" is definitely too much on me, but I might try 3 1/4" :)

Alan - thanks although it's dodgy lighting and definitely mid-brown.

Thanks g.d. - the VS lightweight looks great with shirt sleeves. No chance of shirt sleeves here for a few days.

Roger - the Stetson looks good.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Short sleeves? It's 10F here this morning at the start of what promises to be a wintery week.

Powell from Matt Deckard today

smugshot_5029759-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Andy, I got the bunny as well. There was a huge price increase for the beaver which would have cost as much as a Penman.

job

One Too Many
Very nice David and Andy. Great start to this day.

I am wearing my Falcon Park in bone with black trim.

IMG_20140324_080532713_zpsqgduqjys.jpg

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, I got the bunny as well. There was a huge price increase for the beaver which would have cost as much as a Penman.

Agree. The beaver was in Penman territory. Also, the original Raiders was a rabbit in dress weight felt. So, this seemed like a no brainer to me. The sweat may not be up to the standards of a higher priced hat, but it will last for many a year.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Morning Gents, nice start to the day so far. You guys look great as usual...

g.durand, great looking VS lightweight and combo buddy! Unfortunately for us here in Central Ohio, temps won't be getting out of the 30s. So no short sleeves and light felt hats for us today :( Myself and my senior citizen buddy, (I've been 39 for the last 21 years.), are bundling up to finsh a roof job this a.m. So it's thermals, flannels, and sweat shirts for us!
Richard, I agree with the 4 inch brims. I don't like them that wide either. When I wear a Western I don't want the brim any wider than 3 1/2 inches.
David, nice one! I like that!
Andy, I like that cap! Can you post some pictures of the back and side on that one?
Job, love the Falcon Park. Nice.
hatophile, Nice Tildon buddy!

Taking the dog out before I head off this a.m. I'm still undecided about this hat. I don't know if I really like it that well. It's a nice quality hat though, and it feels substantial. My 4X Resistiol Stagecoach conversion by John Galt...I'm deciding whether or not to sell it, trade it, or keep it....

Conversion_02.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart