Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gear-guy - very nice borso. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tim has produced for you, but next time you place an order with him can you do it after mine ;) I'm next in the queue :)

hatguy - nice cap but you definitely need the vintage sports car ;)

I don't have any head-to-toe photos of me wearing any of my caps or hats, so these will have to do:

Hat_Image_zps46765cd0.jpg

I'm generally dressed in a dark colored tee shirt, Levi 501 blue jeans, and black or brown hiking boots, so whether I'm wearing a flat cap or a fedora I suppose my "image" is that of a 1960s-era train-hopping tramp. lol

Huertecilla

Banned
And to show you how really bad mannered I am. I've even kissed my wife in public in church! At least once that I can remember!

There you have it; the spur of the moment, an important added value, is inherently conflicting with a rationale of courtesy.
As it was, the timing indeed was perfect.

As for the latter, thanks for sharing. That is both a place and experience I steer wéll clear of. Not that I am a heretic, I have a different tic :D

As to ´mood´ I have found attire to have a seemingly illogical relation with that. I have touched on that in relation with my horse riding. Clothes make the man in more than appearance. It is all in the mind but as that is the central control unit, very much real.

gear-guy

Practically Family
gear-guy - very nice borso. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tim has produced for you, but next time you place an order with him can you do it after mine I'm next in the queue

I think we will both have to wait, Tim is going to be very busy for a long time with the quality of work that he does.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
AnA! Beautiful hat, and the facial hair is working for you!
G Durand, now that is amazing. I am newly envious of those colors!
T Jones, rogera, I'm digging the mid ribbons on those beauties.
Justin, spectacular! This hat looks very natural on you.
Gear guy, nice borso and cigar. Looks like an enjoyable evening.
Hat guy, cool cap. How does it drive? ;)
Richard, Andy, David, joao, all wonderful choices.
Apologies if I have missed anyone.

I wore my Stephen Stetson lord's hat yesterday to a jazz gig and got some appreciated favorable glances. Also, thanks to all who commented the other day. Yes, Wayne Shorter (with danilo Perez, Brian blade, and John patitucci) was truly inspirational. A rare and wonderful opportunity for me to be on the audience side of things! Eighty years old and he still sounds youthful.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
geargy, that is a sweet looking Borso. Good work with the cigar and drink, too!
hatguy, nice color on the cap. Where is the convertible?:p
Jeff, I love the style of the SS. Also, post a pic of one of your gigs if you get a chance. Cheers!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Justin, (That's a nice Borso!), Joao, (Ha! I'm always smiling! :D That's an awesome Stagecoach!), Richard, (That Adam with the Porpie doesn't look bad at all! It looks good on you), Rogera, (Thanks buddy. I like the mid-ribbon and the double bow on your VS. It definitely gives me an idea for what ribbon and bow work I'll use for my next conversion attempt), gear-guy, (awesome Borso! I like that!), bowlerman, (thanks buddy. The Stephen Stetson looks awesome! Wasn't Stephen Stetson a nephew to John B. who started his own hat business?)....thanks guys for the comments on my hat from yesterday.

This picture is from yesterday but I'm wearing it today as well. It's my most recent attempt at another conversion. It started out as a size 7 3X Open Road. I sized it up to fit me and reblocked it using a paint can and bubble wrap. I originally attempted to make another beater hat to knock around in but it came out too nice for that. The pictures don't really do it justice...It's actually a very crisp looking hat. I went with a Center Dent and a Khaki colored mid-ribbon with a double bow.

OR_Center_Dent_01.jpg

ORCD_01.jpg

ORCD_02.jpg

ORCD_03.jpg

ORCD_04.jpg

ORCD_05.jpg

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, that looks great on ya! Nice choice!

Terry, keep wearing that one! I really like how it turned out, and it just fits perfectly. I don't think I will tire of seeing that one any time soon

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David - Tony outdid himself with your steel color Tumwater. The brim work is sensational. That's one very sweet fedora.

Thanks, Andy. Yes, Tony did a very nice job with this hat - I really like the work he does.

David, beautiful Tumwater!

Thanks Splintz. Love the Borsalino you wore yesterday. See a lot of Stetson's with that colour scheme, but not too many Borsos.

Joao - the Stagecoach looks great as a Stagecoach.

David - that is superb :eusa_clap

Cheers, Richard. Love your look from yesterday!

David, the Tummy is great. I love the triple row of stitching. That caught my eye before the bow did.

Thanks, Roger!

gear-guy - very cool Borsalino yesterday!

hatguy - looks to be a nice cap

Jeff - cool looking SSLH

TJ - I think the OR looks great with that ribbon width.

Hatto - is the Emerson a thin ribbon? It looks great. I have a hat on the way from Josh as well - he is one of the best Lounge sellers, always great hats.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Good morning Loungers! Perry the Emerson is lovely, sir!

Terry, KEEP that one, my friend. It's now your best one! (until the next best one!)

hatguy1

One Too Many
DJH; said:
hatguy - looks to be a nice cap!

Thanks everyone for the compliments re my driving cap. Unfortunately, no convertible yet but the hat does wear comfortably even in a hardtop.

Been pretty busy the past several days to compliment everyone specifically, but I've noticed everyone has put forth some right good looking headwear (as usual).

Off to church today. A bit chilly again so a fit day for the leather jacket and tan Broner fedora.

y6aguqyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Ah, that reminds me of a question about hattiquette I had the other day:

What to do when kissing on parting company with your date :confused: ?
On one side there is not having you hat on in such company but on the other embraced kissing is hand-icapped by holding it :eusa_doh:
I thínk I made the best of it by tilting my head so the brim was a privacy shield, but I was in dubio about it :eek::eek:

Ok, one might observe that kissing in ´public´ is not good manners to start with but the way I see it, it is where the reality and idealism of romantic chivalry overlap. I mean, all well and good but what is charming the dame when you can´t swoon her with a kiss??

Thanks for sharing your pratical application Marlin :eusa_clap

Well, there you go! I would argue, that hiding your love - and kisses - shows problems with bad manners ;) And why should you take off the hat when kissing? You should take off the hat, when talking to a woman. If you're talking to the lady while kissing her, I would say, you have a problem unrelated to hat etiquette :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A couple of hats for me so far today.

This morning, on the wrong side of the tracks out with the dogs - Garrison Hatters Raiders.

Heading out to lunch - Borsalino

20140406-L.jpg

It's a beautiful early spring day in New Hampshire!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
hatguy, nice one buddy. That Broner should go nicely with the leather jacket.

David, I like that Garrison Raiders...He does a real good job on those, very screen accurate. I like your Borso too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic