Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
An honest opinion needed, Yesterdays hat pinched at 4 1/2 crown height. I am 6'5 230 lbs with a lanky build. Do you guys think this crown height is ok or should I go lower if needed. I have ordered a hat from Tim at Cane creek with a 4 1/2 height with a 2 1/2 brim and I am a little worried that it will look too tall on my body. Any advice will be helpful, good and bad. Thanks

That hat looks great on you. I think it works with your face shape. Awesome hat. I'm envious. I need to go dig out my not a Whippet Stetson that looks very much like that hat.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Transplanting trees at the local Mitzvah Garden in a Dobbs OR-style.

image.jpg

hatguy1

One Too Many
View attachment 12298

An honest opinion needed, Yesterdays hat pinched at 4 1/2 crown height. I am 6'5 230 lbs with a lanky build. Do you guys think this crown height is ok or should I go lower if needed. I have ordered a hat from Tim at Cane creek with a 4 1/2 height with a 2 1/2 brim and I am a little worried that it will look too tall on my body. Any advice will be helpful, good and bad. Thanks[/QUOTE
I also have problems assessing crown height , but that looks proportional to me.
Richard

Hat looks good and good on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great Hats Guys,
I dig them all & some great pics.
Thanks for posting them !

double fun with those BS hats mike.

ok Dobbs, gay prince today
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3C2%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D37428993%3B%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

:cool:

An honest opinion needed, Yesterdays hat pinched at 4 1/2 crown height...Do you guys think this crown height is ok or should I go lower if needed...
My opinion is far from that of a professional, but I think that crown height suits you well. Also, in my amateur opinion, anything shorter than 4-1/4" on a hat with a 2-1/2" brim is too short and throws off the proportions. At your 6'5" height, I think 4-1/2" for the crown height is a good choice.

Huertecilla

Banned
At my wife's High School Reunion.

´My´ gf has both a family reunion and high school one this coming weekend. I am not going since 1. I have the wonderfull excuses of looking after the farm and 2. she prefers the freedom of goin unaccompanied and 3. it has become academic since the friends who count have all decided to meet in private.
Boy are they in for a surprise... From drab colours financial exec career woman to existential wild one with seasonal hair colours; spring to winter = orange - white - purple - grey streak dark brunette :eusa_clap oh and for fun she has a Bettie Page wig :D

Last summer just about all aunts and uncles came from the Netherlands to the Costa de Sol for a wedding aniversary. All classical summer suits and matching dresses. Shé appeared in a salmon baby doll ´dress´... :eeek:
I nearly wet myself but as the venue was a wonderfully sunny place shaded by a vine covered trellis it actually was the best befitting outfit of all by far.
Yup, a quaint idyllic life it is Caramela* ;)

* I have no right to put her on the web so will pm you a snapshot if you would like.

p.s. nope; have been vetoed; it was >10 kilos ago and that has cost her enough she says. Like it did not cost mé the tattoo artist fee ;)
When I had recovered my powers of speech I had naïvely volunteered this when she said ´for when I have reached my target weight´ when I saw her looking at tattoos.
That developed into another one of those stories which would make an entertaining chapter in a book about my fun here.
The abbreviated version; 18 hours :rolleyes:

To cheer me up she has just presented me with her pink suede outback to clean and rejuvinate :eusa_clap

Last edited:

gear-guy

Practically Family
Mike those hats are great, that straw is perfect
Seabass, good looking pic
HB3 Nice church look, Jesus is smiling

I would like to thank all those who commented and critiqued on the crown height. Very helpful, when the hat gets here this week will post pics. Can't wait.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Che, Mike, Lotsa, HB3 - very nice looking hats, gentlemen!

I'm starting off my workweek with this Stetson Bantam. This is about as narrow a brim as I ever wear, consequently, the Bantam doesn't get much use.

smugshot_4681265-L.jpg

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Well , im not wearing it because I have to sell it ;( but I wanted to try it on before I did as I never get hats in my size

Borsalino Grand Luxe 6 1/2 Punti

13691311214_b7d42e1014_z.jpg

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Wore this Borsalino..
p2Qz18W.jpg

With this outfit..
350x700px-LL-4c4c42c7_XKDivYz.jpeg

Nice! You wear a suit and hat very well!

Last summer just about all aunts and uncles came from the Netherlands to the Costa de Sol for a wedding aniversary. All classical summer suits and matching dresses. Shé appeared in a salmon baby doll ´dress´... :eeek:
I nearly wet myself but as the venue was a wonderfully sunny place shaded by a vine covered trellis it actually was the best befitting outfit of all by far.
Yup, a quaint idyllic life it is Caramela* ;)

* I have no right to put her on the web so will pm you a snapshot if you would like.

p.s. nope; have been vetoed; it was >10 kilos ago and that has cost her enough she says. Like it did not cost mé the tattoo artist fee ;)
When I had recovered my powers of speech I had naïvely volunteered this when she said ´for when I have reached my target weight´ when I saw her looking at tattoos.
That developed into another one of those stories which would make an entertaining chapter in a book about my fun here.
The abbreviated version; 18 hours :rolleyes:

To cheer me up she has just presented me with her pink suede outback to clean and rejuvinate :eusa_clap

Funny story Huertecilla! I like the colors of salmon and pink. They complement my skin tone and I feel great when wearing them. I understand not wanting to be photographed when not at your target weight. I was 25 lbs overweight some years ago and have since slimmed down but I did not want to photographed when I was heavy.

I feel as though I'm the only person in the world without tattoos. I HATE them!:D

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Well, it's finally starting to feel a bit like spring here in Cleveland - that is to say it's dreary outside, but not freezing. Nothing really green yet other than the evergreen bushes and trees.

Wearing a Hat People linen medium cut today.

View attachment 12317

Huertecilla

Banned
I feel as though I'm the only person in the world without tattoos. I HATE them!:D

There is plenty of folks who don't like them.
With me it is just as with all things; most is not my taste some is. I think most hats rather awfull per example, yet some awesome.

Btw it is all salmon, pink, purple, and shades of that!!

Foto550-P3YK7R76.jpg

Foto550-7W8QS7VM.jpg

She asked a befriended artist to make a sort of impressionists representation of poppies

Foto-JKBWLOIW.jpg

and then she morphed this into a phantasy poppy vine.
This was put freehand, following/accentuating her female form onto the skin.
As such it is the product of two artists integrated with HER body and exquisitely done.

Although the 50 shades of pink art covers a good portion of skin, she can just cover it with a cocktail dress if she wants to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy