Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie - lovely moss number

David - nice looking Penman. Interesting brim stitching

Joao - the band works well :)

John - a very smart pair.

Renault - I'm not familiar with the bushman, but it looks good.

Rassman - nice thin ribbon

Kevlar

New in Town
Another bargain bin rescue from Goodwill, I'm afraid -- a mass-produced cheapie trilby. Made to look like linen but it's actually cotton. Black, high crown, stingy brim. Thinking of offering it to my daughter, another hat person. Like its look, though. And loved the price.

Received a hat Friday from the Village Hat Company but had to send it back, too large even though I am a 7 3/8 (long oval). Ordered a medium for its replacement. Looks like James Spader could wear it on the Blacklist. Chocolate brown to match a suede jacket I own. Hope to get it back soon.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
gear-guy, Richard (the Christys cap is still a winner), Mystic, Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback on my Black Resistol conversion.

Here's another conversion I'm working on. I took this 3X Open Road apart and reblocked it with my handy paint can and bubble wrap. I'll be putting a new sweat and a contrasting mid-ribbon on it. I also pounced it to where it's really nice and soft. This is going to be one of my favorites when it's finished...Here it is with a dry crease, center dent...I'm still not sure what kind of crease I'll go with yet.

OR_XXX_01.jpg

OR_XXX_02.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Sorry about that buddy. It wasn't intentional....I like your Dobbs West btw.
Why remember how it was. You cannot enjoy it again with that wide brim since you can't put it back.
This Dobbs West looks like a Resistol Stagecoach rebranded. Was Dobbs bought by Resistol (or hat co)? Must google on this.

My everyday hat. Akubra bushman. Tried to crease it like 1889 Campaign hat. Like the weight, material, and ribbon edged brim. Wear felt year round! Never without a hat! One of my pups happened to rip out the liner one morning when I laid it down where I shouldn't have! LOL!
Is that a Winchester? Akubra have nice felts.

Joao, That hat is you
Thanks. With it had more brim.

Joao - the band works well :)
Yes it does. Thank you again for it since this hat had no hatband.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Garrett - perfect hat for taking a trip ;)

Terry - impressive re-block with a paintcan.

Gear-guy - nice straw and the spring woods make a great background.

Sam - I think Garrets hat needs that Pug ;) that Carmack always makes me envious.

Alan - great photo, your pride shines out.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Alan - you have much to be proud of.

This Thursday Nancy and I head to Southeast Ohio for Hannah's induction into Phi Beta Kappa. It's an honor society for the arts and sciences which is very difficult for seniors to be admitted into. Hannah was asked to join as a junior (an uncommon occurrence as a junior). We are extremely proud of the kid. Even more important, she's a good person. And it's always nice to see the next generation growing up to be a good person - and perhaps someone who will change the world for the better.

Borsalino Como

View attachment 13099

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk