Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Richard. Beautiful Flechet velour. I posted some before and after photos over in the vintage homes thread recently if you're interested.
1mach1 that Mallory looks great! I love those Open Road style hats

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Back to cool mornings, so I'm going with a Stetson 25 (love that Mallory, Harv!)

smugshot_7851781-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good rainy A.M. from Central Ohio! You Gents are looking great as usual!

NewJack, there's nothing like a guy who's happy with a new hat purchase. The ribbon / hat color combo looks nice on that!
Richard, I have to say, the felt finish on your Flechet looks really interesting.
Harv, Love the Mallory 15!
David, Ditto on your Stetson 25! It looks great!

Here's a Panama I'm working on. This used to have a short tapered crown, just under 4' tall. I was able to square up the sides and adust the crown height to 4 1/2 inches after reblocking it. I'm trying to decide on a ribbon choice. I'm either going with a contrasting mid-ribbon and double bow, or with a contrasting OR / Strat type thin ribbon. Still deciding....

Panama.jpg

Last edited:
Terrific tops today!!

TJones... VERY impressive results on the Panama. I find shaping straws to be super frustrating.

Good to see you, Dale; great Milan, man!

NewJack is IN THE HOUSE! Exceptional hat, sir!!

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
NewJack – That is a gorgeous hat. Love the color combo.

Richard – VERY nice. Looks good on you as well. Reminds me of Borsalino’s Diamante. I love those little hats.

Harv – THAT is a hat. Looks sharp.

Classic, David, classic. I like the light color as well.

TJones – I’d go with the double contrasting. More like summer to me. But I’ve always liked your refurbs so I’m sure you’ll make the right decision. Now you have both sides of it.

My blue Marathon this coldish spring morning.

View attachment 14039

View attachment 14040

View attachment 14041

That's a great looking Milan Mystic. I really dig it. Total Florida groove
Nice Melons Case. I dig your boots as well. Red Wings?
Beautiful blue Miamibruno...and killer tie, as usual.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
The 7XCB has at least nine lives. Great hat.
If you say so. I would hate to have it ruined.

Joao - at least with that hat there's not much of you exposed to the elements ;)
Can't say the same of you with those tiny brims. ;)

Here's a Panama I'm working on. This used to have a short tapered crown, just under 4' tall. I was able to square up the sides and adust the crown height to 4 1/2 inches after reblocking it. I'm trying to decide on a ribbon choice. I'm either going with a contrasting mid-ribbon and double bow, or with a contrasting OR / Strat type thin ribbon. Still deciding....
I would go with something reddish or black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the storm has passed, it's not raining now.
For today this Stetson.
20140521.jpg

052114.jpg

The end of the old nuts... a mishmash of marks so quality level is unknown. Circa 1940.

13.jpg

Very thin felt body of modest weight (3.7 oz hat) - the Stetson Tailored Edge is a subtly rounded raw (kind of like a feebly growing down - remind me to tell you about that one some day).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner