Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty of an old Stetson Alan.
Yours is no slouch either Joao. You're looking straight out of Texas.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harv - lovely Mallory

David - great looking Stetson.

Terry - that Panama's coming on nicely

Miami - beautiful blue

Sam magnificent Melone.

Mystic - great pug on that milan

Joao - I do like that ribbon and binding.

---

Thanks for the compliments on yesterday's Flechet. I was amazed there was still new old stock of these.

Alan - very nice.

jhe888 - great looking cap

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Portis Milan

smugshot_2771168-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Trying not to spend too much time on the interwebs during my family vacation to the Wisconsin dells, but this Dobbs Milan is the only hat I brought. Met a woman last night who is also a hat collector, and she estimates her collection is 1500 strong, which is strung on hanging wires all through her house! If only my wife could have heard that part of the conversation!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Staying with the straws! The PHD Clearance Sale hat... (from last year). If you notice the adhesive residue left by a label or piece of tape on the front brim, bottom photo, don't worry. I'll be removing that with acetone when I have a moment. It doesn't affect the straw, and is quite effective on adhesive coatings.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, sometimes they're NOT worth the extra $$...
See: http://www.panamahatsdirect.com/subnav/NewBands.php
Well they say the selection is sazonal... you got lucky and got a nice one ;)

-----------------------------
Today is not a good day to photograph black hats. Still heavy rain clouds around making the day like this: hot sun, a shower, hot sun, shower...
This new arrival, Resistol 3x beaver like new. Still not sure if I'll tame this brim.
20140522.jpg

I think there's a smile there.
20140522a.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Long time, since I checked this thread. So many great hats all around! :eusa_clap

Charlie: Very nice ribbon pattern ;)

Alan: What an outfit for a game of checkers! :cool:

Today started too windy for straw, so I was wearing the Whippet'ish Blue Bond, I bought from Aaron a while ago:

View attachment 14100

Note to myself: On a sunny day 2-3/8" brim is not enough for that nose!

Please allow me to post a couple of pics of the surroundings (from yesterday and today). I'm fortunate enough to live five minutes walk from part of the old Copenhagen moat - right now dressed in white lace. We're in the midst of the most beautiful 2-3 weeks of the year. The fruit trees and lilacs have just finished blooming, and right now the wild chervil, wild carrot and whitehorn are lavishing the shores and paths with dense clouds of white dots. Reminds me of Claude Monet's garden paintings:

View attachment 14101 View attachment 14102

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today started too windy for straw, so I was wearing the Whippet'ish Blue Bond,
The color looks really nice.

Note to myself: On a sunny day 2-3/8" brim is not enough for that nose!
That brim would not "save" you in Portugal's sunshine ;)

Please allow me to post a couple of pics of the surroundings (from yesterday and today). I'm fortunate enough to live five minutes walk from part of the old Copenhagen moat - right now dressed in white lace. We're in the midst of the most beautiful 2-3 weeks of the year. The fruit trees and lilacs have just finished blooming, and right now the wild chervil, wild carrot and whitehorn are lavishing the shores and paths with dense clouds of white dots. Reminds me of Claude Monet's garden paintings:
Thanks for sharing. Really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR