Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Mike, handsome milan, and the look is ratified by your knowing expression. Nicely done.

Alan, that baku rocks! Or you rock it. Or both! :)

Joao, thanks for the political tidbit to look up, right up there with Reagan falling asleep in the company of the pope.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments on the Worth & Worth fellas, it's actually a Montechristi though, not a milan. I should have specified.

Good to hear from you Randall, are you settling down in Ukiah?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Some great hats over the last day.

Hopkins of Baltimore for me this morning.

smugshot_4754348-L.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Morning Guys. Been out out commission lately.
Good looking array of hats. The straws and panamas have been a treat for a Florida guy.

Alan, you could give the some Miami businessmen a few pointers on how to dress for success.

Dobbs milan for me this morning.
IMG_1979_zps0c29b666.jpg
[/IMG]

Landman

One Too Many
Jeff, the new modern Stetson Open Road looks good. I hope you enjoyed your trip to San Antonio. Paris Hatters is an interesting old hat shop. Unfortunately they only sell new hats now. When I was a kid they used to make custom hats. All the old equipment is still in the back. Maybe you got to see it? Abe, the owner, will usually let people look at it if you ask.

Another little bit of trivia, the original Lucchese boot shop was upstairs above the hat shop.

From yesterday evening, my Lee Twenty Gold Label. I still like the effects of B&W... as I need any help I can get to improve the look.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Granite Grey 4X, Looks as as if it was slumbering in the box for 30 years
Just like my Resistol 3x beaver that-looks-like-a-Stagecoach that looks like new: I asked Resistol about it and they told me that Resistol do not make a 3x hat for more than 30 years!!

Joao, thanks for the political tidbit to look up, right up there with Reagan falling asleep in the company of the pope.
It's really bad it happened in that precise day (June, 10th) and the man was standing on his feet, not seated as Reagan should be when we fall asleep.

Today I had to "return" to my brown furry friend. Love this Stetson!
20140611.jpg

hatsRme: nice BW pictures.

Many thanks for the good reviews on yesterday's duds and appreciation for sharing your hat of the day... always enjoy this thread.

Today I wore a lightweight heather felt Dobbs Gay Prince - unlined model late 1940s I think.

061114.jpg

I had hoped for somebody to chime in on this, Stud. Driver... Thank you! It's just a store-bought print from a few years ago, but obviously, I really liked it, too. There have been hams like us around for a long time.

What Studebaker do you drive? My father favored the Nash, and always claimed the straight 6, 232 engine in my '71 Gremlin (my rite of passage car) was originally from Studebaker. But we didn't have Google to confirm...

Great B&W pics, Charlie!
I like the Gay Prince, Alan. Very cool!

Resistol Cross Plains 3X beaver. Arrived in the post today. In like new condition.

4u7ehume.jpg
e7e2y7eg.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Hey Charlie, nice family portraits! Tip of the hat to everyone today. Spent the day looking at vintage motorcycles and a solitary 29 Ford Hi-boy. Batsakes Hat Shop (Gus Miller) Panama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran