Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hatsrme -- is that color fairly accurate in your photo? It looks like a natural shade, but when I look at the site they all seem to be bleached. Thanks.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I really like that fuzzy Stetson, Joao. I am always happy to see it!
Great couple of hats, Joao!
Thank you both.

Joao, I like the contrasting colors and finishes on those two.
Thank you.

Knox Fifteen milan
It looks nice.

Today this brown Stetson
20140624.jpg

20140624a.jpg

Where to find a two tone ribbon like that?

TropicalBob; the color is a bit warmer than normal, because of the lighting in the waiting room. They want to keep the patients' patience patient. Not bleached but (paja toquilla) when new can definitely seem almost as bright. I've bought five hats from PHD and they, like all straws (and most hat wearers), do mello with age.

Great brown, Joao! Where DO you find a ribbon like that?

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks cool David. How are the black flies? Did the cold winter and spring make for a late season? I always appreciate them being gone by the time we arrive.

Alan - here in Nashua there are really not too many bugs to have to deal with. Other than a few on our walks in Mine Falls Park, I'e seen very few this year so far. No bites so far.

Now, when we lived further north - in the New London, Grantham area - it was a very different story, as you will have noticed :)

Some great hats today, everyone!

Certainly not correcting! Just thinking of the difficulty you would have if you wanted to replace that exact ribbon. The ribbon is not like anything I have ever seen, and really makes that hat POP. :rockon:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Certainly not correcting! Just thinking of the difficulty you would have if you wanted to replace that exact ribbon. The ribbon is not like anything I have ever seen, and really makes that hat POP. :rockon:
Thank you again :)
I've only seen 3 hats with this kind of ribbon. One it's this, the other is a western NewJack have (I think it is blue with red edges) and the other is on ebay (white with blue/black edges) but it's too small for me.
I would like to find ribbon like this (other colors) to apply in other hats. I love the way this brownie looks.

Beautiful!
Thank you!

------------
Started the day with this low crown 5x beaver Stetson. I think I'll go for another hat in the afternoon. Once you have high crown hats, low crown seems... little.
I think the crease is called "canadian" so it appears to be a bit... boxy/square. It's a 7 1/8 I've been stretching with my head.
20140625.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
For some reason I felt the need to check out a thrift store I was passing since I hadn't stopped there for a while. As I was leaving I noticed a Panama straw up on a shelf.

Only $15, and it's my size!

eva8a3as.jpg

6ary9ahy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick