Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I really like the brim treatment on that winner!
Thank you!

Old Stetson 4X beaver
Still looking nice. No hatband?

Joao, killer hat that Stagecoach!
Thank you.

----

Today a Stagecoach John Galt fixed for me
20140709.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not yet. Need to ship it out to John Galt.
Thoughts on a hatband, Joao?

What is JG going to do with it?
A black hat can have too many choices. I think I would go for a 2" wide black/dark grey/burgundy ribbon (well if it were my hat I would go burgundy because I already have hats with black and dark grey ribbon), or a 1" two-tone ribbon (like the one on my brown Stetson), a horsehair hatband is also a possibility...
If it were my hat (again) I don't know if I would put a edge binding on the brim (if it were a two tone ribbon it would look great). I do like the brim shape of that hat.

John Galt

Vendor
Fellas, I just bought two yards of this great "blood wine" colored 2" ribbon. I have a plan for one yard, but the second yard is insurance. Unless I err in the execution, the second yard would be available. I can also still buy more, I think.

yryju5us.jpg

I want to put a steel silver grey ribbon on a black hat.

What is JG going to do with it?
A black hat can have too many choices. I think I would go for a 2" wide black/dark grey/burgundy ribbon (well if it were my hat I would go burgundy because I already have hats with black and dark grey ribbon), or a 1" two-tone ribbon (like the one on my brown Stetson), a horsehair hatband is also a possibility...
If it were my hat (again) I don't know if I would put a edge binding on the brim (if it were a two tone ribbon it would look great). I do like the brim shape of that hat.

Very good suggestions, thank you. I really like the Stagecoach JG fixed for you. Looks great.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Fellas, I just bought two yards of this great "blood wine" colored 2" ribbon. I have a plan for one yard, but the second yard is insurance. Unless I err in the execution, the second yard would be available. I can also still buy more, I think.
Does it work on a black hat?

I want to put a steel silver grey ribbon on a black hat.
Is that color the same I have on my black Stagecoach? I love the contrast of this ribbon with the black hat.
blackstage01.jpg

Very good suggestions, thank you. I really like the Stagecoach JG fixed for you. Looks great.
Thank you! Those are options I've been thinking for a black hat.
JG did a neat job on this Stagecoach and he already have a Bailey that needs a bit more work than he did on this one.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Not yet. Need to ship it out to John Galt.
Thoughts on a hatband, Joao?

I think, for that particular hat style, (that is, if you plan to keep it that style), I would keep the ribbon treatment simple. Something in the line of a thin ribbon, or a thin "ply" ribbon with tails laying on the brim of the hat. But whatever you decide, John G. will fix it up really nice. You'll definitely be happy with his work. He did a real nice job on my conversion. I love what he did with it. He's actually finishing up another one for me, and it's looking great! I can't wait to get it!

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Harv--you are a fair rival to Joao with that 4X beaver. Great look.
Charlie--choice Milan from Art, I can see why it's your current go-to.
Manfred--thank you, and it's great to see you around here again.
Joao--another artistic photo of a grand hat. Very nice.
AnA---a crisp RS John B. there, sir.

I was contemplating my wife's photography efforts while sporting the 3X Open Road this afternoon.
3X2_zpsfe6bec7e.jpg

3x1_zps993d9720.jpg

3X3_zpseae7bf51.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Harv--you are a fair rival to Joao with that 4X beaver. Great look.
Yes he is, but he need a beard ;)

Joao--another artistic photo of a grand hat. Very nice.
I don't think it is very artistic but thank you!

-----------

Today this grizzly Resistol, the Panda. It's a light color hat but it feels too warm to wear in the summer weather (and temperatures are reaching 35ºC).
20140710.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Great looking hats everybody!

David, I really like your Portis Milan. That pug is a perfect match for it.

Harv, if you can't find a ribbon you like that western would look good with a horsehair band.

Joao, I saw an eBay auction that ended recently that had a furry Resistol similar to your hat. Below is a link to the auction. There aren't too many pictures of it but from what there are it looks pretty similar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESISTOL-CR...qkKVEl3mvPz%2FCxUsLzw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925