Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the warm welcome back folks - work got frantic (starting to slow down now, so should be getting back to posting more regularly soon) and had a couple of weeks vacation when I was working in the garden - without any hats worth posting.

Great showing today folks.

Cane Rod for me today:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
It would be nice to switch hats mid-day for the heck of it.

If I switch hats, it is usually related to rain (and being caught there-in)
I have so many hats now that I can do that especially with the ones I like most so those can take a bit of head time.
If the weather changes and I'm wearing a hat I don't want to get rain, I also switch it.

Perhaps my new favorite hat: 1940's Stetsonian, cleaned and 'turned around' to hide a couple of crease holes.
You can "turn around" the ribbon and put the bow on the right side so no one can see you are wearing it "reversed".

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I have so many hats now that I can do that especially with the ones I like most so those can take a bit of head time.
If the weather changes and I'm wearing a hat I don't want to get rain, I also switch it.

You can "turn around" the ribbon and put the bow on the right side so no one can see you are wearing it "reversed".

True, but I'm no good at that - especially with the wind chord. I live near Tony, so may give him a shout.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Gr8 hats today! And good to see MoK back, you always wear your hats very well sir! Good to see you're safe. :yo:

Today I wore my Portis thin ribbon hat :)

qXlhivg.jpg

Hmmmmm. It looks to be a medium brown in the pic. I would not do a pugaree if it were me. I would do a 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" medium brown or milk chocolate ribbon with a standard bow. That's just me. I really like the bash on that one!

Hmmmmm. It looks to be a medium brown in the pic. I would not do a pugaree if it were me. I would do a 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" medium brown or milk chocolate ribbon with a standard bow. That's just me. I really like the bash on that one!
i was thinking of thats but where do i get one , do i need to make it--- yea the bash is a nice relaxed one

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Scott & HB3 - nice hats gentlemen.

BrotherCavefish - Etsy sells vintage ribbon by the metre (1 metre should be enough for a ribbon and decent bow). There are instructions on making a bow floating around on the forum, but maybe get 2m so you get a practice run :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav