Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
One of the best hat days here in awhile. I'm just amazed, guys.

VS Whiskey for me.
photo-204_zps45c9a6bf.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Moving to in between season with the best of both worlds.

090914.jpg

Dunlap duplex c. 1940.

That's a stunning hat, Alan. David set the bar high this morning and you jumped over it with this one.

Can't tell on my monitor; is the felt and ribbon black or dark brown?

The thing I appreciate most about Alan's collection is the variety of examples of vintage hat styles and offerings by different hat makers preserved in excellent condition.

It's going to make a fantastic Hat history book one day.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
AnA, great lighting!

Mach, reminds me of a still from a Tennessee Williams play. You're wearing it!

Splinter, I like the casual brim-up!

GD, what an exquisite color!!

Mystic, I agree about Alan's hats. I noticed it my very first time on the Lounge before I knew even what to look for..

Alan, you've got great hats, worn with effortless, cool class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
How great is it to see those photos of our friend, Daniel? Thanks for posting those, Cynthia, it makes me happy that he is still enjoying wearing his hats. He is missed around here, that's for sure!

Thanks to everyone who commented on my Borsalino from yesterday. This is one of a pair of my favorite hats that previously belonged to another great Lounge member.

Some fantastic hats yesterday, the change of weather has brought out some classics.

I'm still enjoying getting out some of my felt hats again, this one is a modern hat from Bob at Black Sheep.

smugshot_9837951-L.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Dave, that's sweet, the pug is a great color and the felt looks great!

Perry, that hat is wonderful, especially with the shirt/tie combo.

Another straw today, a Biltmore diamond-crown Milan.

a92d71fc1851fd989d1b51bba7a39b57.jpg

07e0596866ab5c9b6f9bec6b0c7e7054.jpg

That's a stunning hat, Alan. David set the bar high this morning and you jumped over it with this one.

Can't tell on my monitor; is the felt and ribbon black or dark brown?

The thing I appreciate most about Alan's collection is the variety of examples of vintage hat styles and offerings by different hat makers preserved in excellent condition.

It's going to make a fantastic Hat history book one day.

Thanks very much for the kind words. I've been fortunate to find some good ones. The Dunlap duplex is one of two found by Scott F up north - they were sold by Prager's in Seattle which seems to have been a prime source for the Dunlap brand. The felt is brown on this one. There are a number of photos posted but I've lost track of where. Here is a shot in better lighting.

dunlap5.jpg

Now, which hat to wear today?...

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Already a great start to a super day!! Nice lids, fellas!! :yo:

I'm going to wear the '30s Cavanagh again today for my Birthday lid, 37!! It's my oldest hat with at least 40 years on me!

04C1A93D.jpg

E94E8B2A.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Already a great start to a super day!! Nice lids, fellas!! :yo:

I'm going to wear the '30s Cavanagh again today for my Birthday lid, 37!! It's my oldest hat with at least 40 years on me!

04C1A93D.jpg

E94E8B2A.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very sharp looking young Man with a great looking Fedora. Happy Birthday wishes from myself and from Daniel.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks very much for the kind words. I've been fortunate to find some good ones. The Dunlap duplex is one of two found by Scott F up north - they were sold by Prager's in Seattle which seems to have been a prime source for the Dunlap brand. The felt is brown on this one. There are a number of photos posted but I've lost track of where. Here is a shot in better lighting.

dunlap5.jpg

Now, which hat to wear today?...

You always tend to have some of the most elegant looking hats on the lounge. The brand "Dunlap" was Daniel's very first real Fedora......sadly he sold it many years ago!

Alan you are indeed the keeper of many favorite favorites!

A&A you, sir, have the look perfected, and that's not just because you have reached the age of credibility; it's the CAV!! P.S. Check in with your wife on that credibility thing...

GregNYC goes masterfully stingy again! Fabulously fashionable; dermatologist approved?!

Perry, Perfect Playboy, pal! One of your more splashy ties; love it!

DJH the hat/pug combo is amazing!

gdurand, the whiskey works wonderfully!

Harv the Pastorialist looks really good, even after a long day "at the office." PERFECT, actually!

Justin you chose the right lid, sir! And thanks for taking us home for din-din yesterday!

Though I would go Lawless earlier this morning, with this Lee Gold label...

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
WOW! Thats the best I got - WOW! Nicely done fellows.

Woke up to 50'F and headed out to enjoy the morning. My Akubra Campdraft (bluegrass) kept me comfy even when a rain storm soaked the dogs and I.

i-FBXk6sT-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, I like the Lee's subtle Fall colors. My derm might not approve of a stingy, but I also wear a really good sunblock. I stand in the sun like this only for my photo ops! Either that or wear 3"+ brims!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters