Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
In Boulder for a few days, could only fit one western hat. I went back and forth for a few days, then decided on this old Stetson 1X Nutria. It has a Fray sweatband that wears like iron (it's going to be close to 90 here later this week). I dressed it up a bit with a wide horsehair band that I normally wear on another hat. The 1X has a crease a little off center, like me. I once tried to block and coax the crease to the middle, but after almost 100 years, the off-center dent is not giving up the fight. The felt on this hat is particularly smooth and supple with no hint of the toughness with which it wears.
REally nice hat Alan.

-------

Today my 7XCB.
20140917.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Alan, thank you, sir. I couldn't have done it without yourself and a few others. Your collection helped peak my interest, and the learning of it just got me hooked. I thank you for aiding me and pointing me to the right direction! You picked a winner yourself. There isn't anything wrong with an off center look. I go by "imperfection is perfection" (for some things anyhow). Looks good with the horsehair band to!

Harv, that looks just great perched on thy noggin! Great work!

G, I really like the ribbon color (silver?)

Joao, great color, and dimensions. That one just fits!

Absolutely STAGGERING lids (and boots) this week.

For client meetings today I couldn't quickly choose, but ended up with the (dimensional 2-3/8" - 2-1/2" brim) mighty Mallory, for Youthful Smartness, as the logo says. I need all the help I can get...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
JD; Excellent fedora. You have an enviable hat stable that you showcase on this thread.

Greg; New York is better off because of your hats sir.

David; Always sharp. Early mornings rock with coffee!

Joao; Looking good sir.

Charlie; Sharp look for meeting anyone. Hat is great. Getting ready for the Holidays ;) - Yes, Autumnal celebrations and then Halloween. Looks of prep. :D

This hazy cool morning the dogs and I headed around the lake and over to the local coffee shop. A glorious morning to be outside. My VS Executive in blue mist felt was my hat companion.

i-cP5WHzp-M.jpg

i-FG7ZRwW-M.jpg

Best to all the hatted folks, Eric -

Last edited:

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
Today I am wearing my new Belfry 'Tammany' Bowler made in Maryland by 'Hats in the Belfry'. It's paired with a black suit and starched detachable collar for a 1900s look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats