Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yeah, I like wide ribbons a lot! I'm watching a string of film noirs now. Ribbons half the crown height. Your photo appeared at just the right time!

Last edited:

Dark Arcane

New in Town
Right on! The label inside the hat says San Francisco. It always makes me think of Dashiell Hammett or something along those lines. It also makes me think of Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I too favor the tall crown wide ribbon fedoras with ample brim.
The dents and pinch of that one is WAY cool.
I googled Robert Kirk and found it a name associated with a clothier in San Francisco. But that hat looks vintage so it is from that store or I am in the dark about a Robert Kirk hat maker?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys for the comments on my brace of Indy hats from the weekend.

Heading to the Ft Worth office, where its still bloody dark :(

Stetson Whippet (grainy low light photo)

smugshot_2223786-L.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
David, that great photo and the lighting reminds me of getting up at zero-dark-thirty in the Army and doing push-ups in the parking lot!

I was in a vintage/noir mood today and left the house with my Dobbs. But I saw it was raining and went back for my Akubra, the acorn-colored one that I had designated as a foul-weather fedora. By the time I got back out, it had stopped raining and I was late. So I took the photo on the subway..

View attachment 18770

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice stratoliner and VS's Eric. It's nice to see you around here again.

Jeff, nice Wormser. I wish I could get back to the plains again. The NYC area is very claustrophobia inducing once you've become accustomed to the open spaces of the mid-west.

Nice colors on that Robert Kirk Dark Arcane.

Nice Whippet David.

The acorn Akubra Stylemaster works well for you Greg.

Wegener Melone
IMG_7848s.jpg

IMG_7849s.jpg

Dark Arcane

New in Town
I too favor the tall crown wide ribbon fedoras with ample brim.
The dents and pinch of that one is WAY cool.
I googled Robert Kirk and found it a name associated with a clothier in San Francisco. But that hat looks vintage so it is from that store or I am in the dark about a Robert Kirk hat maker?

Cable Car Clothiers bought Robert Kirk Ltd. in 1972. There's not a whole lot of information on the company prior to that. I know Robert Kirk Limited was founded by Wendel Kerth Nicolaus and Robert Kirk Underhill in 1939. They specialized in British haberdashery-type stuff. That's about all I know. But I'm pretty jazzed to have a hat from them that predates the much more well known Cable Car.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan: Not particularly. I don't get much feedback on my hats here (in North Jersey). People either don't care, look but don't want to say anything, or very occasionally say "nice hat". This applies to 14.5" plato grande berets, bowlers, super-sized cowboy hats etc... I've found I'll get more response from a t-shirt with a design people can relate to. The jacket in this photo has received more "nice jacket" comments in the few weeks I've worn it than any one of my hats has received ever.

Greg: They're White's smoke jumpers.

Happy, joyous COLUMBUS DAY here in the U. S. of A.! That warrants a nod to our Italian cousins as well, eh, Daniele?!?!

Lookin' GREAT under the Carmack, Sam, with another Sharp dresser on the slide.

OXBLOOD VS for the holiday today, brim up!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Yes RME more than cousins, I have part of my family (both families of my granddads) in the USA.
Even if we lost contacts many years ago, I remember well in the 50 and early 60 when packages arrived full of everything...hats too, with a sort of strange mixing. From cream shave to chocolat :)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thanks on the comments of my westerns.
Yesterday had not time to resize images so...

Yesterday was a Stagecoach a lounger gifted me.
20141012.jpg

20141012b.jpg

And today this navy blue Stetson Billy Kidd and it got some rain...
20141013.jpg

20141013b.jpg

To your Colombo, Alan... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I vaguely remember enjoying a couple Colombos!

Joao You must have stayed completely dry under there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24