Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyK

One Too Many
That is a nice OR, Tommy! Hey, I have the same t-shirt! :D

Thanks 1m1 and Seabass! The 3X is lighter softer felt from my beat up late 50's Royal Deluxe.

I've got a lot of Lucky brand t-shirts. they're a little pricey but they have sales often enough.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
g.durand, JAVIER, Joao, (very nice Resistol BR, btw), David, dh66, tommyK, very nice display of lids guys. I posted this a little earlier, I'm wearing my Stetson Nutria conversion by John Galt today. I really like this hat....

Nutria_Felt_01.jpg

Nutria_Felt_02.jpg

Nutria_Felt_03.jpg

Nutria_Felt_05.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, my dermatologist would applaud you for the wide brims!!
;)

g.durand, JAVIER, Joao, (very nice Resistol BR, btw), David, dh66, tommyK, very nice display of lids guys. I posted this a little earlier, I'm wearing my Stetson Nutria conversion by John Galt today. I really like this hat....
Thank you Terry. Nutria is such a nice felt. I wish mines would have more brim so I could wear them more times that I almost would trade my two nutrias for one with a huge bigger brim.

Today two hats. First this other stingy Resistol BR Westerns. Nice felt but... need more brim!
20141026.jpg

Later this old black Resistol 3X beaver.
20141026b.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
tommyK--very nice looking 3X OR. I have a soft spot for thin-ribbons.
che--you and your sidekick are sporting some stellar lightweights on a clear cool Bay Area morning.
T Jones--good looking conversion on the Nutria. JG does good work, and you wear it well.
b-man--that's one deep pile of leaves. ;) Nice autumn-colored felt to go with the setting.
Joao--they may be stingies for you, but they both look good to me. You and your hats would fit in in Texas regardless of the brim widths.
Harv--a nice Alessandria. I have one from the same era and it's one of the finest hats I own.

Along the edge of the Bay today sporting a '50s Playboy.
IMG_44431_zps4d6b2476.jpg

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I try to avoid coming here. So many nice hats. I usually turn a little green I can't really afford new hats anymore. Great lookers guys. Nice brown bowler there bowlerman.
The difference a day makes. Yesterday while picking pumpkins. My summer weight Art in green while wearing a goat raiders jacket

Today is my full weight Art in granite while wearing my cow hide last crusade jacket.... With snow. Oh my.

Looking to get more use out of my bowler hats this winter
Johnny

GregNYC

One Too Many
This vintage from J.C. Penney, re-blocked by Johnny. Flushing, Queens in the background. Maybe the fastest-growing Chinese enclave outside of Asia. And we live at the very edge of downtown.

b52741a552f4a123ccba6cd9a46e69b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hat and coat combo Charlie. Really a good look.

Greg, cool cap and red wings and gas station jacket! Also a good look.

Great pair of VS Johnny Canuck. I can relate to the low $$$$. It don't hurt to look sometimes though.

G.D. everything about that shot is awesome!

Nice one Harv! Cool sweater too.

Excellent pair of westerns Joao. I always enjoy seeing your Portugal backgrounds.

Cool beehive bowler, B-man. That looks like a TALL pile of leaves you jumped off into.

T.J. that is a sweet looking nutria. Great job on that one J.G.!!

Sublime pair of vintage lids on you and your hairy friend Che!! Diggin' the bibs too!

Beautiful O.R. TommyK. Those are at the top of my "cool" list.

fd291d29adba56eefb6a6b8341209ef0.jpg

No need for sweaters or leather jackets here today. I went to hear the Dalai Lama speak at the baseball stadium behind me. It was sunny and mid 80s and I probably should've worn a straw hat instead of this Dobbs.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I once attended a 2-day class on the Emptiness teachings given by the Dalai Lama here in NYC. In my pre-hat days....

Cool Dobbs and shirt, Dale! Are the eyeglass frames vintage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Nice ones, Che, Terry, Jeff, and Joao!
Thank you. Nice color your Borsalino.

Joao--they may be stingies for you, but they both look good to me. You and your hats would fit in in Texas regardless of the brim widths.
Thank you. I still prefer my wiiiiiider brims.

Today is my full weight Art in granite while wearing my cow hide last crusade jacket.... With snow. Oh my.
Snow already?

Excellent pair of westerns Joao. I always enjoy seeing your Portugal backgrounds.
Thank you. I also enjoy seeing US backgrounds and I do hope to be able to travel there.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Dale, BC's are so cool! I never had any when I was in. My son came out of the Marine Corps a few years ago, and I've been trying to get him to keep his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner