Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Day at the Gunshow

Went to the gunshow in Jacksonville today Camp Draft on my head...Lot's of fun toys...militaria etc...
gunshow1a.jpg

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder...
gunshow3a.jpg

Indycop showed up also with his Penny's Marathon.

Saw some hats on display too...
gunshow2.jpg

We had a good time and chatted for awhile...next thing we knew...the show was closing and we had to head home.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Gene, CJ, Bolt, BobC -- many thanks, guys!

That is definitely a photo of a Stetson doing its job. For me, the 3 1/4" downturned brim is a great choice for an outdoors lid. Wide enough to shed sun, rain and, yes, snow (;)) -- but still a comfortable size for general use.

Bob, my pal and I had probably been out for about 20 minutes when that shot was taken -- it was really coming down yesterday! He loves running around in the snow -- so we were out considerably longer before heading back inside...:)

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very sharp looking Campdraft, IC. When I ordered my second one I originally ordered mid brown but then e-mailed Sam at EA and asked him to change it to tawny fawn. I'm really glad I did...it's a very nice looking color.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Jimmy, that one is a very atmospheric pic!

And, in addition to your one, Bart, IndyCop, ColbyJack and Carter have also chosen a thin ribbon! Nice lids everyone. Must be the fashion these days ;)

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
023.jpg

Well, Lefty -yes- but that's immaterial in the sense that the previous picture was posted in error. It's Zappa; not me.

Above was taken this morning. It's my old (latter 1930's/early-mid 1940's)Nutria hat, "unbashed" or "open crown" (changed at will, any time).
As you see, we got snow, too. Fantastic weather to take Zappa on a walk (minus the hat, of course; he's doesn't like wearing hats)..

BTW, the path, visible in the photo, is 300 yds behind our house, it's called the "Old Cologne Way"; it was one of the orginal Roman times "via Romano's", this particular one to Cologne. It passes from Brussels, via Leuven (Louvain). The same path was used by the Duke of Alba in conveying 10,000 mostly Italian (Napolitan) troops (and followers) from Spain to Brussels in 1567, to re-establish order, beat down the protestant rebellion (of the Dutch, William of Orange). To "Spanish" history, this path is part of the "Camino Español", the network of roads enabling transit of troops from Spain (circumventing major obstacle and ennemy France), via Italy, Lombardy, Savoia, the Swiss cantons, Alsacia, Germany, Luxemburg ...to the Spanish Netherlands, land of riches and ... ultimately ... their VietNam. But, let me reassure you, that was a long time back, and most people have forgotten all about that. I'm personally fascinated by this stuff.
Pablo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart