Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
122914.jpg

green roof

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The blur of the Holidays is upon me. I am home this afternoon exhausted from the Season of giving and celebrating. I am taking this afternoon to re-charge before work/practices and the New Year.

Today my vtg. Lee and Stetson have been my fedoras of choice. If I had more energy I would celebrate how luxurious it is to have a choice of hat. For now - whoopee and a dark stout beer will do!

i-zCmMbLF-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
David; Hats/caps aside, best wishes in 2015 for you and your loved ones! Back to hats/caps – jeepers your pics are fun to gander at.

Strapped; Back to work in colors this morning. Caribou is a very versatile color of felt.

Greg; Man your pics have been eye catching the past months. The Up-cap and the tweed coat are stunning. Cheers mate!

Lt; Even sideways your hat and tie are marvelous.

Sam; Well coordinated sir. Your jackets/boots and hat combos do not go un-noticed at my computer. Cheers!

Perry; I like black fedoras - you look good in a black fedora. I do really like the sweater vest sir!

Charlie; I shared the Mr.Harris pics and story with my wife and both of us enjoyed the trip to the past. Your HS pic, complete with tie is strong with style. No style like the successes of the past. It jump started our our conversation about strong high school influences. Great conversation that ended with a hug. Thank goes to you Charlie for getting me a hug this afternoon. I tip my slightly crumpled, but emotionally happy hat brim in your direction.

Hstory; Glad to see your recent posts. Cheers sir.

Had H; Bold color works in your pic.

GD; Always looking at ease and classy in your pics sir. The fedora is a classic in proportions as well as ease.

Alan; You are an early trend setter. I look forward to seeing more green roofs in my neighborhood.

Steve; Thanks again for the look on your impressive collection of head attire. The bowler looks comfortable on your head in the recent pic.

I am certain I missed other posters. To all others - CHEERS! I did go thru all posts the past few days and enjoyed the gander at your contributions.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
G.D. you are REALLY killin' me!! Been over 22 years last I was in Austin town. Looks like some buildings going up over the river there, maybe I could find some work. Hmmmmm
The hat and corduroy jacket look great. Eat at Rubies.

Kwekwe Karu I'm digging the purple pork pie. You look like one hep cat!

Cool bowler-ish lid Mayserwegener. You make the look work.

Sublime beauties, Eric
As always.

Pretty cool Alan. I like it.

I like the red Go or in, MadHatter. I especially dig the band on it. Suave.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
My first What hat are you wearing today in damn near a year, been too long. My beautiful wife and I on our way to a much needed and very rare date night. Wearing my Brown Cane Rod maker Custom. The 11th hat he ever made I believe, it has become my go-to for most occasions.

History Teacher thank you for the comments, but WOO Ha Congrats on the news of your new hat and son-in-the-oven!! Now there's another reason to stop in to visit! You two look fantastic, happy, and healthy. Don't be a stranger!

Gregnyc I guess I have always been a hat person, but soon after high school there were other distractions, though I never lost my love for hats. Daily wear returned around ten years ago, and yes, I still have most of my hair.

DH66; Thank you, Dale. Long trip, indeed!

Daniele you are correct, I have posted the B&W before. Thank you!

Right you are, Perry! This, as we say, is the rest of the story... Thanks for the kind comment sir!

Mad Hatter, Fantastic entree onto the scene!

GDurand thanks so much. Yes, ol' Ben had a nice long, full life. What a VitaFelt today, my friend! What's the brim on that?

Aaron, thanks! He was the quintessential independent small town clothing merchant. One who did things right. Also an MOT, Nu?!

Alan.... I love that cap. I love that cap!

Eric, another masterful photo; two magnificent lids (although I'm partial toward the Lee today). I would like very much to say that the tie I was wearing in the B&W photo was all my style, but ALL the boys were required to wear ties at my school (even today). Also note that every girl had a skirt on (albeit some very short skirts, as it was just after the peak of the mini-skirt). And I must respond to your heartwarming hug story. Of course, I'm glad I could help in such a way, Eric, but beyond that hug, you're on your on, man! :kiss:

Steve what a beautiful, pristine Bowler! Heavenly.

Mr. Karu that fantastic Porker isn't just violet... It's ULTRA-violet; UBER-Purple!! Love it, man!

Roger, thanks for the kind words, sir. It was fun to put together.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Maddhatter, welcome to the Lounge! Perfect color for Scottsdale, AZ! This thread was where I have been hanging out a lot too since I joined half a year ago.

GD, I really like the Vita-Felt. Tha narrower brim suits you as well as the wider brims! And with the shades, voila!!

Alan, green roof indeed! A brave, innovative organic pattern!

Eric, have we seen that Lee on you? I like it, and the bow treatment too!

Steve, the bowler looks good with the shirt-jac.

Kwekwe, rocking the porkpie and matching shades! I like the look!

History, nice meeting you. I'm a history buff too. I'm happy that you are able to make a profession of a noble pursuit. Easy and reassuring to have a go-to hat!

After work, I switched to the still-unnamed Stetson and went through Grand Central Station to talk to the local dealer who had asked me to try it out. It will be released next fall, and Matt Deckard had a lot to do with the design. It will have a thinner ribbon than this (I had it switched). The "Excellent" tag will be used for their highest quality felt next Fall. Beaver, nutria and chinchilla. The hand is a lot softer than the modern Stratoliner. The felt is thinner and less stiff as well.

5ff4e4e2574a2730ca136059d99fbe3f.jpg

575faa96bcc2c2530d2e7a2359c3c09e.jpg

Last edited:
My first What hat are you wearing today in damn near a year, been too long. My beautiful wife and I on our way to a much needed and very rare date night. Wearing my Brown Cane Rod maker Custom. The 11th hat he ever made I believe, it has become my go-to for most occasions.

Great pic, Matt!! Date nights are a rare commodity. Hope you have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy