Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Job, I used to think the same thing, but I have now found that I am usually wearing a hoodie with my felts, it just feels right and I think it looks nice. Kind of a dressed down fedora never hurt anybody

Getting last licks in on my new nutria feather weight before the new year snow arrives.

feathernutria10.jpg

123114.jpg

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Wearing a Dobbs twenty that is a dark chocolate brown with a really striking burgundy ribbon, seems like a rare combination in older hats, but I love it. No New Years hooplah for this guy, heading to get a quick bite to eat then working on research papers towards my masters while the wife has the kiddos at a party.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Some real wowzer toppers on this New Years Eve day, gentlemen! I'll try to catch up later!

Today the "Gatsby" Panama from Brent Black.

ad220e4ab2035ae0fe2900ecc89b83ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year!
It's now 2015 (well 2 hours ago)

I started with this brown Stetson
20141231.jpg

And choose the Silverbelly Tom Mix Stetson for the New Year hat.
20141231b.jpg

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Historyteach -- very nice hat. Just curious: what's the nature of your thesis?

This is for my 3rd to last class, the class is entitled Civil War Cavalry and Intelligence, and the paper is a short 10 page critique on Grant's ability or inability to use military intelligence such as spies and escaped slaves

Thanks for all the get well wishes, guys.

Happy New Year everybody! Still stuck at home recovering from the flu. The wife is representing at a party. Falcon Park for tonight.

d8ee001113567aa18f540b7162238847.jpg

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I'd love to hear your conclusions on that.

Im sure this belongs on another thread but I will keep it brief, Grant was brilliant at using military intelligence and then acting upon it early at Forts Henry and Donalson but he should has lost the battle of Shiloh for his refusal to listen to his scouts, Don Carlos Buell's reinforcements and Johnston being killed on day one saved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner