Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardog

New in Town
Forest green "Reich Alpenvelour".

Flea market find for 10 bucks, earlier today. I would guess from the 1960's, but I'm new at hats, so I am probably wrong! The felt was good, but the hat was badly bashed down. I converted it to an open crown, then reshaped it to a teardrop. Took me about 1.5 hours, as this was my first try at reshaping an old hat.

Reich 2.jpg

ReichOnSide.JPG

Attachments

• Reich1.jpg
    Reich1.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 4,261
saroni013015.jpg

Saroni & Co. silk top hat c. 1850. It fits well, but I'm going to need longer arms. I posted additional pictures in the new hat thread. Will post more once I spiff it up a bit.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Taking my new Akubra Tablelands out for a spin, still a little self conscious with brims these big but this one was made for my outdoor hat. Love the kangaroo barrel lock that Sam from EA put on and I think the hat looks durable and good darn good!

SurfGent

Suspended
image.jpg off today. Givin to me by the Volcum Rep at the Pipeline Masters years ago. It's the hat I sail in cause I never care'd if I lost it and it had my initial on it. But it's grown on me, its been in some rough seas across San Pablo bay.

Last edited:

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
IMG_20141206_230541 (1).jpg

It will be the Resistol once more. Another day of work, another day of the Resistol being called into action. The hat displayed is a City Limits 6X, it is my dedicated hat for taking a beating. It has done well.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
rclark, tommyK, Steve, Beardog, alan, (Good Lord! Snowball target!), Knotten, teach, Surf Gent, WesternHatWearer, a very interesting diversity of hats guys. Everyone looks great wearing them too...

Getting cold here in Central Ohio. This 4X Stagecoach conversion is just the ticket for fighting back the Winter breezes....

Indyesque_Stagecoach_03.jpg

That's a great look you've got going on there Renault!

+1
Always good to see what you're into, Renault... and that Stetson looks a long way from all wore out!

Good to see those happy new faces around here, folks. Bring it on!

So, for Sahara Saturday here in the cold northeast, my Art-lite felt in sahara.

Beardog

New in Town
Green Reich, with a red and green flannel shirt. Headed out for a couple of gigs.

Still haven't figured out how to make my images larger in my posts....

BanjoReich.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24