Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
seabass-What a dashing pair you make!
Alex Oviatt-What a great look, the jacket is superb.
1mach1- I think if my hat collection got that large (and that's only a 1/4?) my wife wouldn't come back, ha ha!

No hat for me today, unless you count a bit of pre formed polystyrene, I'm going out on my bicycle for the day:p

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I'm really liking the Tom Mix more and more, man.
One of my Favourites ;)

Jao, I love the way your hats go with your beard. Makes a good lbalanced ook. Kind of like our Clint Eastwoods in his western movies.
Thank you. I think the same (on the balanced look). Now Clint I don't know... ;)

I'm no competition with brim size Joao, but thanks;)
Well I tried ;)

Joa; What's not to love about your pics - big brim hats, and exotic locations! Thanks for sharing daily sir!
Well some are not exotic, I wish I could travel more in my country. There is so much in this little country. :)
It amazes me how huge States in the US are compared to my country. For example traveling from New York City to Buffalo is a 600km distance. For that distance I can go from Faro to Oporto!

Not sure where to post this shot. I got bored with the wife and kid out of town. About 1/4 of the collection. :p
Nice collection but I need a magnifying glass to see the brim on those ;)

Thanks to everyone for all the kindness. I think this grandpa thing is going to be ok...! Another foot of snow being dropped off here, but I'll try to stop in later.

Harv your excellent "hat stack" photo should be in the full collection thread, even without the other 3/4! Great shot.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Sunny Sunday afternoon after a foggy morning.
A never worn beloved small homburg or Lobbia
osgz0h.jpg

Made many years ago in France in medium black felt
2uo5n9h.jpg

Chapeaux de Luxe FRANCE Maison fondèe 1903. Impermeable
rkrfkh.jpg

The proportions are the classical "small" homburg called in Italy Lobbia.
Curled and stiff brim 4.5 cm and 10 cm. crown I shaped with fingers without steam
mbr7r8.jpg

I'm supposed to be getting less tolerant of the snow and cold as I get older. Not yet!! Bring it on!

Back from the snowfields, fully fogged, wearing my beater, a modern Stetson "Packard." No relation to those fine automobiles of the same name...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Very nice display of lids over the last couple days. Everyone looks great.

For today I'm wearing a 1950s Knox 15 Westlite. The hat was missing its original ribbon so I sewed on a contrasting dark brown OR type ribbon and bow. The hat's a little snug on me so I'm giving consideration to trading this one...

Knox_16_Westlite_01.jpg

Knox_15_Westlite_03.jpg

Knox_15_Westlite_02.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. Breezy, threatening skies had me out and about in a cap this morning. I was contemplating which cap to wear. In between outside errands I got shots of both caps.

i-35cxCcD-S.jpg
i-3jGqNLq-S.jpg

My wife made the decision before we headed out for some pre-Valentine's Day shopping. Shopping as I post finds me "Cordova" capped and drinking coffee.

i-mmz8D7J-M.jpg

Thank goodness for the comforts of coffee, Eric -

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Very nice display of lids over the last couple days. Everyone looks great.

For today I'm wearing a 1950s Knox 15 Westlite. The hat was missing its original ribbon so I sewed on a contrasting dark brown OR type ribbon and bow. The hat's a little snug on me so I'm giving consideration to trading this one...

Knox_16_Westlite_01.jpg

Knox_15_Westlite_03.jpg

Knox_15_Westlite_02.jpg

Nice ! What size is it?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm supposed to be getting less tolerant of the snow and cold as I get older. Not yet!! Bring it on!
I had no issues with snow on Scotland. Well been there for some days only and there wasn't that amount I see on the picture. Got no fog there.

The hat's a little snug on me so I'm giving consideration to trading this one...
Why not stretch it a bit?

Joao will like this big brim hat ;-)
Looks nice :)

Nice ! What size is it?
Probably a tight 7 1/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo