Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
It's in the single digits out there. Before I bury myself in my down parka, I put on this new one from Keith:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424439059.164913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
Today, I'm wearing my modern Stetson Stratoliner. When I first purchased it, I was concerned about quality control issues based on the number of complaints made on this board. When it arrived, I was relieved that it seems to be quite well made, comparing well to some of the nicer hats I own.

2015 - 1.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Many hats in these days. Most of them are excellent, some astounding.
Today it is time for this really old French hat.
1075mqo.jpg

The interior label said "Super" and nothing else. The grey felt is brushed, thick and very malleable.
5noqdt.jpg

It come from the forties, my guess, from the similar simple finishing I see in French hats from the same era.
2hmowpc.jpg

It is unlined and the sweatband is very dry. It has the sticthes to preserve the black ribbon from storage.
ieii3r.jpg

Harv,
My Canadian Stetson is gray.
Your Resistol looks great too, good crease;)
Sharp cap Greg, you're the cap man!
Dandy, I'm liking my new Stetsons also.
Sam, I always like that Hairy Selentino. At least your head's warm.

It's so cold this morning that the Fire Department is out patrolling the streets, chipping dogs off hydrants...!

Super stupendous lids this morning!

Under my MACLachlan.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Today, what is probably my best all-around hat: A ca. 1960 Royal DeLuxe Stetson in the OR/Strat style. The sweatband and liner don't give a model name beyond that:

CAM00193.jpg CAM00192.jpg

CAM00194.jpg

This is the very lightweight hat that once belonged to FL member Joshbru, then to frussell, who sold it to me at a discount in return for my putting him on to two mint Stratoliners, size 6 3/4, for his boys. So I am at least the 4th owner. The silverbelly color and the style go with everything from a western shirt, jeans, and boots, to a leather jacket, to a sport coat with or without a topcoat.

One imagines a well-to-do rancher or businessman in, say, Denver going into his local hat shop in 1960, and selecting this one for just that reason. "I don't have time to be pickin' among different dress hats, son. Gimme one that'll cover everything."

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Benz, my grandfather was a rancher in Keno, Oregon in the 60's just like you describe. He wore Open Roads and a few Stratoliners. He'd wear 3 or 4 hats during the day, according to what he was doing, feeding t his few livestock, riding the mower, working on his compost heap hunting, fishing, or going into town for supplies. Only Stetsons for him, mostly silverbelly. I seem to remember a dressy brown fedora he wore occasionally. In those days he never left the house without a hat on!!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Two winners in a row there, Harv! Both awesome.
Dh, great photo, nice new hat!
Charlie, the maclachlan is just stunning. It glows-- maybe it will melt some those icicles.
Greg, sweet caps again!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

tommyK

One Too Many
hRme, great to see a rare Maclachlan and it's grey! It seems most of the ones we see are usually that silverbelly clear beaver-ish color.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Great hats today and throughout the week everyone! You guys up north look really cold. I just cannot imagine. The weather has been really pleasant here but ice and snow predicted for Monday, so the party may be over for a while.

Mallory "The Dallas" for me today

Perry, Jeff, Tommyk; THANKS, guys!! Yup, it's a rare favorite alright. And although it may look gray in the photo, a more accurate description might be "periwinkle gray." It can be a challenge to match or pair with some colors, like OD Green.

Benz that Stetson really is the PERFECT lid, even fifty years later!

The Dallas looks flawless, Rick. Gorgeous hat!

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Rick,

Very nice Dallas. A lot of the time I dress very much as you do in that pic, though I don't wear my hats in the car. (And my car doesn't have a sunroof -- which I'm glad of. Too much sunlight in this climate.) What kind of car is that?

tommyK

One Too Many
Keep going back to the Stetson Royal Deluxe Turf Club I recently got from Buler
2015-02-20122252_zpsea836adf.jpg
It's a neat color, kind of a medium brown hat with a grass green tinge to it. thus the "Turf" Club, I guess
2015-02-20122514_zps4719d631.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, big ups to you for making a fedora work with a hooded parka! I just can't do it. My day job commute involves about 45 mins of walking per day. I'd freeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace