Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lc1484

One of the Regulars
My Stetson Selv-Edge today

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMTUuanBn.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
Douglas:

Great, GREAT, Fantastic colors on those hats!!! If there's one thing I gotta do, it's stop being so impulsive on my buys. Settle down, save a coupla bones, and shell out for something in a less run-of-the-mill color. Very nice.

It's crummy weather here, and i've been looking for an excuse to get out of the house, but no luck yet. This hat made it to the mail box and out to the porch for a drink, so far, and no one's posted a straight up Indy hat in a while, so what the heck:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0802.jpg

This is a Christys' Adventurer ( going on nine months, for those who are keeping up with the thread on how these things hold up ). It's seen some rain, day to day city wear, Halloween ( naturally ), and a good South Texas summer. So far, so good. It's a nice enough hat that I don't feel self conscious about street wear ( Hey, Indy! ), but if you're a fan, you have to agree it looks the part :p .

citRon

A-List Customer
Beautiful!

Michaelshane said:
This is what I'm wearing,where I'm working,

P1030859_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Do I see it correctly as a fair green? What is it?

Kiltie- that Christy's looks great! I really like mine until it turned into a Gnome hat. I still want to try another one sometime.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat trilogy, Douglas. I'm also curious about the jackets you are wearing with the Adam and the Mallory. Can you tell us more about them?

Kiltie, Love the Christy's Adventurer.

Michaelshane, Excellent picture. I'm trying to figure out what you do at your workbench.

Ic1484, That's an interesting Stetson. I don't recall seeing a stingy brim with a crease like that before. Did you crease this one yourself?

Michaelshane

One Too Many
I make jewelry at that bench.As for the hat,I don't know what to call it.It's made for a store called Fines,probably 1930's.The hat is a grey-green,sometimes it looks brown depending on the light and the colors I'm wearing.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Carter,The one with the Adams is a JCrew Tweed Hunting jacket. I like the fabric and the style but the same as with every JCrew jacket it fits badly. Very badly in fact. It continually rides up the back and creates a look as though I was wearing it with the hanger still inside. I thought about having it re-cut but that would cost more than the jacket itself so I will wear it as a knock around utility sort of garment.

The other is a Yohji Yamamoto. He is a well known Japanese designer. One of my favorites for men's high fashion. It has a loden gray color and military styling. The material and leather buttons are fantastic. I found it at a flea market over the weekend and paid close to nothing for it. It fits perfectly.... if I lost a few.
DSCF2025.jpg

lc1484

One of the Regulars
Carter,

Yes, I creased that one myself, that hat was an Ebay from last year, it had a tight pinch...I had a vintage Dobbs that had that crease, so replicated it...

CARTER, DOUGLAS...you guys look sharp...amazing how the facial hair and style of it along with your hats change your appearance completely and can make you look wiser, older, younger, dashing, you name it...

tip o' the hat to all you boys!

:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL