Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
580c5dbcc8cbe3549052681851a26043.jpg
60525dce4de1a41efa87156db1a1352e.jpg

Stetson Royal Deluxe porkpie

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I was wandering early in the Sunday morning in the plane taking some photos of industrial park decay.
The sun was shining and I have my old photo tools and a SunBody ready to wear.
154zym9.jpg

Too much wind for a palm leaf hat, so I wore the deep grey Borsalino made for Troncarelli - Roma.
2i0q4bp.jpg

It is very soft and the brim has single "whip stitch" like its black brother of last week.
4tnh1z.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Excellent hat photos the past couple of days! You fellows live large!

Today in the 41'F light rain I completed a dog walk and chores in my vtg. 50's Stetson Stratoliner (brown felt). The vtg. felts are incredibly weather resistant. It takes rain and keeps on wearing.

i-LQcvF5V-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Been under the weather since Sat morning so even going on a quick drive to the market was call for busting on my Stetson stratoliner. I still owe Miamibruno one for this one, its a beaut!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, that's an interesting looking Stetson. Too much brim though. Want me to trim it a little for you? ;)
Thank you for the offer but no. :) I like it the way it is.

Enjoying my little Stetson with the hopes that with enough love, care, and nurturing, it will grow up to be one of Joao's Stagecoaches.
Nice though but since it's a Stetson, it will never be a Resistol Stagecoach ;)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I did not need to look at the Weather Channel to know that a Wind Advisory had been issued for this afternoon. I have been hunkered down in my vtg. Adam Mainstreet fedora enjoying some windy sunshine. It does not have a wind cord so I have it tugged down snuggly.

i-4wXnXbm-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

javadave61

Practically Family
javadave, what's the crown height and brim width on your straw Stratoliner? I've been looking at those.

T Jones, The crown measures 4". The brim, though listed at 2 1/2, really averages around 2 1/4 to 2 3/8. I know others have had this hat reblocked to give it more crown height. The brim snaps down with quite a bit of swoop (first photo). I know others have been able to reflange the brim to that it's a bit flatter. I've been working the brim to see if I can keep the front "brim up" but still with a downward angle (second photo). It seems to be a hat you need to work with to get it the way you like it.

2015-03-29 16.12.16-1.jpg 2015-03-29 16.12.42-1.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Eric - I like the Adam Mainstreet. Looks to be a close relative of my Mr. Main Street.

javadave - I've been tempted by those new milan Strats, but never owned one as yet. Yours looks good on you.

I've been wearing my VS Montecristi Dualist today. The bright sunlight brings out the red in the Black Cherry felt.

smugshot_542096-L.jpg

SUPER Milan, Mike! That beauty and the sun and temperature put me in the mood to try on a new find from the past few months, a Churchill from F.R. Tripler & Co.
IMG_5964.jpg

Crazy weather, this was only yesterday wearing my Stephan Stetson...
IMG_5943.jpg

Super display of lids by everyone this weekend!

g.durand

One Too Many
Charlie--too bad I can't send some of our weather your way. It's a bit too warm here for this time of year. Nice Churchill, stellar Stephen L.

David, Joao, thanks, and kudos to Mr. Mallory, too.

Joao, I really like the open crown Buckhorn.

I changed hats for a walk late this afternoon.

Modern Open Road straw.
IMG_5559_zpsinxdazay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace